Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Quads on the turn with the perfect river card - did I extract the max?

I flopped a set, then caught the quad on the turn.

I know it was a little risky to slowplay the flop with two playing zone cards touching, but there had been zero aggression to me last to act...

I'm particularly interested in my play on the river. The river card put three to Broadway and a three flush on the board, and it was obvious everyone else was on somekinda draw. I debated between raising and just calling to see if I could get both the opponents acting behind me to overcall...thoughts?

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds.

River: (9.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...???
Old 11-04-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Quads on the turn with the perfect river card - did I extract the max?

[ QUOTE ]
River: (9.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...??? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

raises...???
Old 11-04-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Quads on the turn with the perfect river card - did I extract the max?

It would be very hard to be that sure that he would reraise enough times to make this profitable. You'd probably need a lot of stats on him to pull that off.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:18 AM

You gotta raise. Youre probably up against a BD flush and two-pair/broadway. Dont go for overcalls with the nuts. Any of those hands I mentioned are most likely gonna call any number of bets. Give them a chance,
Old 11-04-2005, 03:08 AM

Raise the flop. After that, just bet/raise/re-raise/cap depending on what the action is to you. That means raise the river.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Quads on the turn with the perfect river card - did I extract the

RAISE THE FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i Reraise the river
Old 11-04-2005, 03:25 AM

nope...fold on river
Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 AM

Old 11-04-2005, 10:45 AM

if this is your third post absolutely your biggest leaks having nothing to do with extracting max value from ANY big made hand. particularly quads.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:31 AM

Am I the only one that thinks by calling the river raise he is going to get as many if not more bets than if he reraises?