FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Russian brides?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-17-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Actual response

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you're on that other side of the equation, and that's the problem you're looking to get solved.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK. I'd also say that, if you're a lonely man looking for cooking and companionship, $3000 and an eventual divorce is a bargain-basement price to pay for 5 years of such things. Or however long.

Yeah, it would be great if everyone married their one true love, and they stayed happy together while maintaining individual personalities and interests, and it would also be great if unicorns were real and I won the lottery tomorrow.

But the real world confronts everyone with practicalities. The man is lonely. He is willing to trade $x for x years of guaranteed companionship. The woman is poor. She is willing to trade x years of companionship for $x. One party may be happier than the other in the future, but both were happier than their former selves for the length of their relationship.

I guess. Never tried it myself.

EDIT: I am also finishing up at work and just kind of skimmed your post, so if I misunderstood your point, that's why. And if that's a screenshot from "Rush 'N Attack," that's awesome.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if you're on that other side of the equation, and that's the problem you're looking to get solved.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK. I'd also say that, if you're a lonely man looking for cooking and companionship, $3000 and an eventual divorce is a bargain-basement price to pay for 5 years of such things. Or however long.

Yeah, it would be great if everyone married their one true love, and they stayed happy together while maintaining individual personalities and interests, and it would also be great if unicorns were real and I won the lottery tomorrow.

But the real world confronts everyone with practicalities. The man is lonely. He is willing to trade $x for x years of guaranteed companionship. The woman is poor. She is willing to trade x years of companionship for $x. One party may be happier than the other in the future, but both were happier than their former selves for the length of their relationship.

I guess. Never tried it myself.

EDIT: I am also finishing up at work and just kind of skimmed your post, so if I misunderstood your point, that's why. And if that's a screenshot from "Rush 'N Attack," that's awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can see how it's worth it for some, or maybe the best they're going to get. And if they can get their little slice of the happiness pie, good for them.

As to the unicorn business of maintaining your own sense of self and having some sort of interests, besides the family, in life while being married, I don't think that's fantasy-land. I think it's fantasy-land to think your chances for a happy marriage are very good any other way. It's not the nature of marriage to solve personal problems. Going in weak doesn't make the weakness vanish, it just adds more weight to an already weak foundation. Then, you just have more people to visit that weakness on -- your kids, and partner. And this time, since it's more than just you involved, it's for much higher stakes.

It IS the nature of healthy human beings to want to grow and develop, to have interests and pursue them. It might be the nature of some sick ones to want nothing but stasis and the removal of threat. Those things might define sickness and health pretty well right there.

Personally, all other things being equal, I give a relationship with two people who both have strong goals and interests a better chance to last a long time and create a lot more happiness. I'd consider it a danger sign if a partner is satisfied just hanging around the house or raising the kids. Sooner or later, that's not going to be enough. Humans aren't built that way. Resentment will probably settle in, and if you're the focus of where happiness is supposed to come from, guess who will be held to blame?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:42 PM

Your solution is here:

You can use your car to attract women
Old 08-17-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As to the unicorn business of maintaining your own sense of self and having some sort of interests, besides the family, in life while being married, I don't think that's fantasy-land. I think it's fantasy-land to think your chances for a happy marriage are very good any other way. It's not the nature of marriage to solve personal problems. Going in weak doesn't make the weakness vanish, it just adds more weight to an already weak foundation. Then, you just have more people to visit that weakness on -- your kids, and partner. And this time, since it's more than just you involved, it's for much higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree. We're kind of talking past each other. I meant that it was a fantasy to believe that that sort of relationship is attainable for everyone. While its definitely doable for some, if you're 40 and looking at Russian mail order brides, there's a decent chance that that will be a better option than holding out for your One True Love.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:15 PM

Oh yeah, definitely. I don't think finding your One True Love, whatever that could possibly be, is even a very realistic goal for anyone, young or old, rich or poor, and doubt married people necessarily have a huge leg up on the deal either.

Not to mention, your ideal partner at 18 could be very different from who you would want at 23, and both could be the opposite of what you want most at 30. Poor gal could be as perfect as the day you met, but life makes people change and grow apart and want different things. Staying together long term is a tough thing to work out, or even want to.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Russian brides? - NSFW

Links.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:13 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
you and me, jpeg v jpeg right now... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't need to. I would lose in a landslide. I gaurantee it'd be near unanimoous that the guys would want to sleep with you than me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Although, back when I had long bleached blonde hair I could probably give you a run for your money if judging backsides... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, it's all good, no arm done here

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your responses in this thread, I figured you could easily handle a tongue in cheek comment. Apparently, some can't.

Welcome to the forum

b
Old 08-18-2005, 04:20 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
RL, real life. mslif has posted a picture of herself in one of those threads and she is a very attractive lady.

Your comments, in the context of posts/replies, did not appear to be sacastic. If they where, great, that's a good thing. Sarcasm is good. I'm the biggest sarcastic prick here.

Just try to make it obvious maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be new here. But if you can find a post of mine where I maliciously insult someone unprovoked on this forum, good luck finding it.

I will agree in looking back, a [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] sign would've helped represent my tone better.

b
Old 08-19-2005, 03:31 AM

Totally agree. Most part of hottest girls in Moscow are very pragmatic and know what they want. And if you want faithfull beautifull kind girl, who will be happy with every breath you take and every move you make - seek her in towns, not in the cities. Modern hot Moscow and St.Petersburg girls have a lot of options and are very similar to other Euro-girls of the same people class so there are just some myths which are left from SU about them.