Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 08:05 PM

Default QJo from SB

Sorry if I'm posting too many hands, I'm replying to a lot too though so I think I'm probably okay.

MP2 is pretty unknown only 11 hands but so far quite aggressive, 36/9/5. Do I 3-bet this flop? Do I bet the turn? What about the river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 02-26-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: QJo from SB

I think I bet the river..No draws got there, you've counterfieted any two pair...It's unlikely that a better J will raise here, and you don't really want to let this get checked through...I would be okay with check and call if you think he'll bet his missed draws...
Old 02-26-2005, 08:11 PM

I like the idea of 3-betting the flop, especially since MP2 had been playing quite aggressively in previous hands.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:17 PM

I would probably 3 bet the flop and lead the turn. And if shown more aggression probably call down (although I think not finding a place to fold to a turn raise is a leak for me).

My concern would be MP3 and if you have a read on him. If he's passive his play is consistent with KJ, perhaps even AJ - and he doesn't bet the river fearing the check raise from trip tens. And no matter how much you bet he's not folding.

So for me with the presence of MP3, I'd 3 bet flop, lead turn then see what develops. I would still lead the river if I had not encountered any more resistance but would only feel partially confident of having the best hand (again because of MP3 not MP2).

Am I spewing chips?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:57 PM

I don't think this is a bad line, littlejohn. I'm still wondering what I should have done, more input is needed (bump).
Old 02-26-2005, 11:11 PM

I think that you should reraise the flop and bet out on the turn. The difficulty with that is deciding what to do if you're raised on the turn. Given that MP2 has been pretty aggressive I'd probably call the raise and check/call the river. He probably would have raised PF is he had AJ or a pair higher than JJ.

I think that your check on the River is OK.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:12 AM

He could be raising you on the flop with: Flush draw, Over cards, PP 66-TT. He would have raised preflop with most hands that have you beat QQ, AJ, KK,AA.

You could check raise the turn - I would if MP3 was not involved. MP3 could be on the flush draw or have overcards also.

I definately bet this river.