Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 07:47 PM

Default KotZ Tourney tomorrow?

Turnout has been quite low the past few events. It would be great to see some new names on the list...come join us! Game is at Stars 2100 EST on Thursday the 11th. Game is Stud/8 this time around.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: KotZ Tourney tomorrow?

It'll be worth it for the entertainment value of watching everyone (myself most definitely included) try and figure out the game, which I suspect is alien to most of us!

Sheriff
Old 11-10-2004, 08:36 PM

I hope we'll get a lot of entrants.

For anyone with at least 25 posts on 2+2 who fancies a bash at a $20+1 stud/8 tourney against HE players this thursday on Pokerstars, send a quick PM to eMarkM for the password. Events are a lot of fun usually, depending how drunk most of the entrants are... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2004, 09:48 PM

My guess is that this one will have our lowest turnout due to most people's dislike of Stud games (I personally like Stud/8 a lot--much more than regular Stud).

As far as lower turnouts, it's something I'm somewhat concerned about. It's partly the fact that there was unusally high turnout when we first started the new series this year, there was a lot of excitement when we got some of those 60 runner events going. Partly that I haven't been pimping the events as much as I did early in the year, and probably partly just burnout factor on the part of the participants. Maybe we've played too many events. So far, not enough for me to make any plans for radical changes to next year's format, I think I'll still stick with 18 events as I like playing all the different games with the HE emphasis. But it's something I'll mull over.
Old 11-10-2004, 10:01 PM

stud/8's great; an action game.

Mebbe you should try skewing the "oddball" games into the earlier part of the years schedule, when there's more keen interest, even - or especially for - those games. You know HE is always gonna get a bunch of entrants anyway.

Also, not just keen-ness, but later in the year the leaderboard gets more polarised, so the lower rungs aren't as interested since they're out of the running.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:45 AM

One thought - to smaller bankroll folks, a $20 or $30 entry fee is hard to swallow when you're facing the prospect of playing a bunch of top 2+2ers, especially in Stud and Omaha events.

That being said, I'm going to continue my tradition of the past few months, by planning to play, and undoubtably having something come up tomorrow that prevents me from doing so. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 12:59 AM

I'll be playing as long as something unforseen doesnt come up. I'm hoping for a slight advantage because I have actually played Stud 8 before. I hit a little downswing today, so this will be good to mix it up for me and get me out of that hold em rut. Hope to see a lot of fish out there. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 01:11 AM

good point about the smaller bankrolls...I am a cheap bastard when i comes to entering tourneys, i only play the 5+1s and only occassionally, i won't even play the 20+2's against players i know suck, i not gonna pay it to play against people that are probably better than me...
Old 11-11-2004, 02:05 AM

i'll likely play if someone can pls PM me the pass
Old 11-11-2004, 03:07 PM

That is an interesting point about the bankrolls. Maybe a few $5 or $10 events next year would help boost overall participation...worth a thought at least. Is this doable, Ed?