Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Call down this hand?

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero checks, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (17.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls
Old 11-03-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Call down this hand?

=ebet3bet jkftuurn

then clacl odnw

you have 2 pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

also, oyjo upost otoooooom e amnymany thaandssss. try respondig tieo tnmore nahds. tyouy wlill get bettter that tway.

hoyl sbhti im rdurnk iesas fujckl,. alosm, i am seriosuyl consdierning going toiutj with this i-gril downstairs.

hse jsis really colol and ohtp; too. which irs rare foir davidson.

nto hot but ctue. yo know.

;ater/
Old 11-03-2005, 01:57 AM

this is how you should have posted the hand:

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero checks, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero ???

at this point you are getting 7.5:1 (at best) to see the river, and you hardly ever have the best hand here against two typical players. if you don't have the best hand here, you have at most 4 outs (against T9), and often only 2 outs (against QJ/JJ/33). fold it up.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 AM

Reads are critical in this situation. Barring a read of two total maniacs, though, you need to fold that river for two bets. Calling another two bets when it comes back is even worse.

At the turn, though, I'm not sure I'm with Miles. Against most players, we don't have to fear QQ and JJ here - they would be raised preflop. We are looking at half the 3's in the deck, so 33 isn't a major concern. We are worried about QJ, but J3 is definitely in their range given that they're blinds. Also, my default players aren't 3betting or capping the flop with an OESD. I'm not sure I could fold that turn getting 13:2, but I don't think I'm ahead enough to 3bet. That's a terrible river card, though, so I'm folding for two bets to me.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:31 AM

BB's flop call cap and turn raise is why i cry. but really, without reads i guess calling the turn is somewhat close (i mean, [censored], we don't even know what limit this is).
Old 11-03-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, oyjo upost otoooooom e amnymany thaandssss. try respondig tieo tnmore nahds. tyouy wlill get bettter that tway.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do so many people say this? my skill is so crappy that any response i give is often wrong... and i don't understand the intricacies in the hands most of the time...???

i think it's best to study my own hands first!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why do so many people say this? my skill is so crappy that any response i give is often wrong... and i don't understand the intricacies in the hands most of the time...???

i think it's best to study my own hands first!

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to give recommendations to players in their hand evaluations. If you don't understand someone's advice or recommendations.. Ask!! Nobody will mind (at least I won't), and understanding how to reason your actions correctly will improve your game by leaps and bounds.

You'll never learn this game one hand at a time.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:00 AM

1. I would not have raised that hand on the flop, why did you raise it? 2. THe flop cap is good, but I would have to check on the river and folded if anyone bets. You are way dominated in this hand and too many are seeing the flop. THere is no doubt in my mind that you are going to get outdrawn.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I would not have raised that hand on the flop, why did you raise it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have raised the SB's flop bet. The original poster could easily have had the strongest hand on the flop, although it was vulnerable to flush and straight draws.

However a flop raise would have been for value.