Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 12:16 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Double Semi-bluff Check-raise

button is a TAG. shitty table selection but the SB was a donk. anyway, does this turn c/r work ever? I figured the second check raise was representing trips pretty well. if he calls, I'm done

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.33 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Double Semi-bluff Check-raise

[ QUOTE ]
button is a TAG. shitty table selection but the SB was a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice so you lock up with the TAG with 6 high? Nice move. I see you're out of the kiddie pool though.

With hiim three bettig the flop I think his chance of folding with what is in the pot is slim unless he has rano overcards, which I don't think He would three bet if he has you pegged as another TAG instead of "weak weird" [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

His most likey hands are Medium/Big Pair, or two big broadways with a flush draw. I think fold equity would be in the neighborhood of 10% unless he was just getting out of line, but I would have had to have sweated the table for that read.

As far as the turn checkraise, its okay. its a weak semibluff repreenting trips and if you have seen him play overcards like that on the flop, then fine. But, I think there is around a 10% chance he folds an overpair and is never folding a flush draw if he's competent.

Oh yeah, PF Call???? if its suited I call between heartbeats, offsuit 56? even three handed its crap out of position against a TAG. I know defend the blind and all but jesus. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 12:42 PM

cap flop and lead turn?

he's got an overpair, and 8 or a flush draw most likely with overs. i dont think you can be done if he calls you on turn, fire again on river!
Old 03-04-2005, 12:52 PM

I like the cap and lead approach, and yeah, a turn call from the button = river bet by stheif.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's got an overpair, and 8 or a flush draw most likely with overs. i dont think you can be done if he calls you on turn, fire again on river

[/ QUOTE ]

W/o improving on the river you have to bet regardless in the chance he had the FD and whiffed, cause no way in hell is 6 high gonna win by checking the river. That said, fastplaying the flop may back him off, but the flop fast play screams of pair/draw to most people. If he has the OP, he's sure not gonna fold the turn often enough to make that C/R profitable right?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:53 PM

I like it. I think that the button will have threebet overcards often enough here to make it profitable. As well I think a river bet is in order if he does call, there are enough draws out that the button could fold the river bet 1 in 10 times.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:54 PM

Why are you playing 65o against this guy ?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:56 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I like the cap and lead approach, and yeah, a turn call from the button = river bet by stheif.

[/ QUOTE ]

because of frush draws? If he's got a pair I don't think he'll ever fold it after callign the turn? can he have something like KJ and peel on the turn and fold the river?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:57 PM

apparently I give up too early. I always feel like a donk when I fire 3 barrels with 6-high and get caught. but I guess I'm not alone
Old 03-04-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you playing 65o against this guy ?

[/ QUOTE ]

that's really too loose? 65o sits comfortably in my range of defense hands. is it because he's a TAG?