Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Borgata 1-2 NL and 6-12

Played at the Borgata last Wednesday from 8 am to 8 pm and decided to check out the 1-2 NL while I waited for a 6-12 to open. I bought in for $200 and the average stack was at least $200+. It seemed like this was an extreme limpfest pre-flop with no player wanting to pay over $10 to see the flop. I got pocket AAs raised to $15 and everyone folded. I got AQ raised to $10, everyone folded. Slow played KKs and 5 players called my $25 turn bet and had to fold when at least 2 players hit either a flush or straight on the river. This game seems to favor draws and penalize big pocket pairs.

On the other hand, the 6-12 at the B during the daytime on Wednesday was chock full of dumb retirees and WPT wannabees. I've never played a daytime game that was this loose. Is it always this good or is it just summer in AC? Foxwoods and Vegas are never this good during the daytime on weekdays.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Borgata 1-2 NL and 6-12

The 6-12 is the right combination of loose-passive and weak-tight.

The game is about as bad as the 5/10 kill at foxwoods. Everyone is pretty much identifiable within a couple orbits. As the room starts to die down midmorning, however, the games get a little less interesting.

-kyo