Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Best Hour of TV Poker

Annie beating Phil along with Phil's classic post beat tirade was the most entertaining hour of tv poker that I have seen.

One issue, (I know this couldn't be avoided) a completely silent room for Annie's win put a odd finish to the victory.

Congrats Annie, a great tournament ending, even better than heads-up against Howard - Phil is just so much more entertaining in his defeat.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Best Hour of TV Poker

I thought the whole show was great. I mean the commentators weren't pulling any punches. The players weren't pulling any punches. And, the heads up was brilliant, watching Phil play excellent poker, only to end up tripping over his own ego.

And, I rather enjoyed Annie slapping Howard silly, as well as her rather honest response to busting him out with a suck-out.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:45 PM

I agree, it was weird not to have an audience to applaud. When she won I felt like I was watching a local cable access show.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:48 PM

I thought the silent room was good.It was way more intense with winner takes all than any world poker tour event. It was like a cold wild west fight, like poker was meant to be played.