Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 06:09 PM

Default are low-limit tourney players really this bad?

A few days ago I registered for today's $100 Turbo Freeroll on Multipoker. I totally forgot about it, and somehow I still ended up placing 14th out of 124 players and winning $1.

Hey, I'll take the dollar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but this is almost as sad as it is funny. Are low-roller tourney types generally so bad that I can just sign up for the low-stakes freerolls and blind my way into the money?
Old 06-13-2004, 06:17 PM

Default Re: are low-limit tourney players really this bad?

That is quite funny but definitely an exception. Note that the tourney had marginally over 100 so top 20 pay instead of top 10 if it was less than 100.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:52 PM

Well yes and no. It would be unusual to get paid by sitting out, but yes the players are that bad for the most part.

I have played a lot of freerolls to help build skills for MMT play, to try out new ideas. It is incredible to see some of the crap hands people are playing.

Example, I get KK in BB on the first hand, every calls the BB to me, I raise 3xBB, everyone calls. Flop come AK3, everyone checks to me, I bet 50% of my stack, 6 folds and 3 all-ins. I call to see one guys with Ax, one with AJ, one with 9T suited (none of which where on the flop), turn K, river K. Now I sitting with >T3000 on the first hand. I made a bunch of calls against short stacks with Ax, Kx and busted them out, with holding rags. Finshed this one in first. Only played a couple of people that had any clue or skill, we all were at the final table.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:22 PM

Seems like an awful lot of kings in that deck. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [ QUOTE ]
I get KK in BB on the first hand, every calls the BB to me, I raise 3xBB, everyone calls. Flop come AK3, turn K, river K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2004, 07:43 PM

Yep, my bad, the river was a rag.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:36 PM

5 of a kind would put anyone out, what are you bragging about? hahah
Old 06-14-2004, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are low-roller tourney types generally so bad that I can just sign up for the low-stakes freerolls and blind my way into the money?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I do bother with a low freeroll, I find that half the seats are vacant anyway. Some of the other tables might have been playing faster so some ppl were eliminated earlier than you.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get KK in BB on the first hand, every calls the BB to me, I raise 3xBB, everyone calls. Flop come AK3, turn K, river K.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe i can still finish second even with this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]