Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2004, 04:02 PM

Default resuts

sucks to go out like that....that 10 rebuys tournament pays pretty nice these days
Old 06-09-2004, 04:55 PM

Default Re: $10+1 rebuy on Stars. What\'s your flop action?

As you said in your e-mail, with 3 diamonds on the board and given JoeTall's position, don't want to go crazy on the flop. I would have checked, however I'm sure the other guy would have put JoeTall all-in with his Ad; especially given his disposition to call an over pot-sized limp re-raise UTG bet. Although there is that chance he would have checked too to get a free card. If another diamond fell I would get out of the hand, if not JoeTall has enough chips too push off the odds.

As pertains to limit poker, doesn't Sklansky suggest not to bet out a flush draw board with an overpair/TPTK type hand, as to not give the draw odds? I could be wrong or misinterpreting.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push in? I think I'm just less than 2:1 favorite versus a diamond and closer to a coin flip versus the Ace-diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's if you get called...you have plenty of folding equity here to make the all in the right play. If he has AdKd, or AdQd oh well...
Old 06-09-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: resuts

Bummer Joe
Old 06-09-2004, 10:45 PM

I check the flop. I doubt he pushes back to hard here without a diamond, if he does, I likely fold. I wouldn't have put hin on what he had preflop, but I'd be thinking that the odds of him having a diamond and catching are too good if he comes back hard.

If he bluffs me off pocket King, he bluffs me off pocket Kings and I nail him with a check raise later on.

How would you have played the turn if it had been check/check?
Old 06-10-2004, 09:44 AM

I believe folding to the other player's bet if the other player has a diamond is bad. It's bad because of the pot size (14,000). If you have a 50-50 shot of winning, and it costs you 17K to call a 31K pot, I would call every time. I agree with the check, only because given the pot and stack sizes, the only hands he's going to push off are the hands that JoeTall would want to stay in. If it goes check-check, at least JoeTall can now push and have odds if no diamond falls, or get away from his hand if a scare card falls.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:48 AM

If you bet, you have to go all-in and deny a single [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] odds.

His preflop play is a lot like a big pair. He calls your reraise planning to attack any flop without an ace. Is he tricky enough to only call your limp-reraise with AA? Of course, you're looking at a minraise who then calls a limp-reraise. I'd be willing to guess he doesn't have a medium pair or Axs.

My gut is that a solid player would only call a limp-reraise of his minraise with AA, KK or AK. In that case you're drawing nearly dead 8/15 of the time, and 3/7 of the rest of the time he's got a draw to bust you, so he may only fold maybe 1/3 of the time. If he tends more towards LAG, you're ahead much more often and there's more chance he'll fold.

Now I'll flip a coin. Heads, he's solid, tails, he's a maniac.

Tails. Go all-in. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]