Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 09:24 PM

Default What is wrong at Party????

For the past two weeks, whenever I attempt to play at Party during primetime (7-10pm CST), the site is so incredibly slow that it is a waste of my time. The site freezes up after every bet, and for some reason, I can only join waiting lists for games that already have others on a waiting list. (If the waiting list is empty, I cannot join it.) The site still seems to work fine during the morning and afternoon, but it gets completely gummed up at night. The one time I actually tried to play for an hour at night, I got in less than 30 hands in an hour at a single table. That is about half the speed I ordinarily get. Is anyone else experiencing this difficulty, because it is really eating into the number of hours I am able to play. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 09:28 PM

Default Re: What is wrong at Party????

The only time I experience significant lag is around the hours when the big multi-table tourneys start. It's usually slow for around 5 minutes and then everything is fine again.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:38 AM

Party is a waste of time for me also! I like to get into a rythem and Party SUCKS - even with options chips/cards turned off. Party is my last choice on places to play now. There are actually more fishy places to play if yo look around for good tables
Old 02-07-2004, 11:48 AM

I have not really had a problem with it being slow but i have noticied the same thing with the waiting lists. It always seems that you can only get on waiting lists that already have people waiting.

However I assumed this was something to do with these being private tables or maybe there are just some tables that don't have waiting lists. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 02-07-2004, 11:49 AM

Getting on the waiting lists with nobody on it is their problem, I starting having huge problems with lag with the lobby and games, it appears they changed the refresh on the lobby and this appears to have huge overhead on your pc, moved to a faster pc with more ram and these problems went away.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:06 PM

After getting seated, use a lobby with light turnover, like the seven-stud lobby, rather than the holdem one.

The problems are lobby generated.

Lori
Old 02-08-2004, 05:25 AM

with all apologies to those who have read my thoughts on this subject previously....(hey, it's about the 5th time lori has mentioned that whole 7-stud lobby thing....so i think it's okay)

i used to have similar problems on my old computer.
tried it again after the software upgrade or whatever they call it and the thing was practically frozen.

on my new computer party works as well as any other site. extremely fast. feels like a hi-speed connection.....but i only have a run-of-the-mill dial-up line.

i suspect that older computers or those running older versions of windows are most susceptible to the freeze-ups.
a few viruses of course will get in the way as well.

i used to struggle my way along grinding out occasional wins in-between freeze-ups and time-outs. now i simply wonder how it was possible to win any money at all.

my new computer is not nearly the fanciest on the market....but it is new and, consequently, bug-free.
for everyone who is struggling with the sites that can afford it....i strongly suggest getting a new one.

short of that....a few things that may make it more playable on your current computer....
1 - as lori suggests , put the lobby on 7-stud. i wonder if putting it on multi-table tourneys would be better or worse
2 - minimize the lobby window after you put it on the least frequently updating game of your choice.
3 - turn off the avatars or characters (or whatever they call the little people in the seats)
4 - turn off the option that lets you see your opponents home-towns when your cursor hovers over their name.
5 - turn off the goofy congrats thing on the winning hands.
6 - turn off the animation of chips and cards

i found that each step that 'simplied' the game as much as possible was helpful with the speed.
i also found that empire worked better on my computer than stars for some reason.