Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 06:13 AM

Default This one was fun to play (no content, just an amusingly bloated pot)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with XX.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (21 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

Go ahead, put us on hands. For extra credit, try and guess what the villain said after the hand.

SpaceAce
Old 05-22-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: This one was fun to play (no content, just an amusingly bloated pot)

I can't see you with anything else but AA. UTG didn't raise pre, so that leaves a wider range. Still, the best bet is 66.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: This one was fun to play (no content, just an amusingly bloated po

"river rat"
Old 05-22-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: This one was fun to play (no content, just an amusingly bloated pot)

guessing you had 35spades UTG had AA other had KK AK or 66. Don't know why you raised 35s out of the SB though.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:33 AM

"You should really read some books about poker, your play was terrible"

I've got that twice [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
guessing you had 35spades UTG had AA other had KK AK or 66. Don't know why you raised 35s out of the SB though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I guess I threw some of you off by asking what you htought he said after the hand.

Results: I had AA, as advertised by my pre-flop, flop and turn play. The villain had 26s with which he called a raise pre-flop then capped the three-way flop with when he hit bottom pair. The villain was furious that his crummy two small pair was no good after all that action. The first thing he types after the hand was "XXXX that bullshit" as if he had been rivered by a runner-runner straight or something. That tickled the heck out of me.

In my humble opinion, I think he overplayed his hand just a smidge.

SpaceAce