Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Blind Steal from SB

Since no one seems to agree with my play.. I said my read of the guy was that he played passively with made hands, but liked to semibluff any draw - be it a flush draw or over cards. He got a little frisky in blind steal situations - tards like this don't really understand preflop hand value, so I think his preflop range includes any PP, and probably any broadway or hand including an a, q or j.

As soon as the flop came down and he raised me, I was pretty confident of being ahead at the moment. I wanted a line that would protect my hand but get maximum value from him, so I decided on a screw play and river lead if the river felt safe. His turn bet is still consistent with air, he would check down most legitimate holdings, though he would bet something like Q 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] continuing his bluff, but I felt like that was the only hand I needed to be worried about. The river is a safe card, so I value bet. The guy had a very high WTSD%, if he saw the turn he would almost always see the river, making q and k high calldowns on multiple occasions. I suppose I should have stated that in the read, but figured that would go without saying for a guy with 60vpip and 50wtsd.

I'm not a fan of these plays in general, but when you have a very predicatble opponent like this, and a fairly safe board, I think good players miss out on maximizing their winnings by failing to make plays such as this. Maybe I'm just an FPS lagtard though. Flame away if you will, learn something if you will - and for those who enjoy the former, he had Q4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], yes I'm results orientated.