Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:35 AM

Default RAKEBACK FRAUD!!! PLAYERS BEWARE!!!

This is a post to warn you all about "Balanced Returns" a rakeback provider. I signed up two months ago with a deal "too good to be true" 27.5% rakeback on PokerNow. The first payment would have been very small, so I assumed they would just tack it on to next month. This month roles around, I realize they have missed their payment window, so I send an e-mail. Response is, "We are having problems with PokerNow, sign up with us for Eurobet." Right.

Anyway, buyer beware. Back to low returns on Empire for me.

CSC
Old 03-17-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: RAKEBACK FRAUD!!! PLAYERS BEWARE!!!

There are problems with pokernow now so what they are saying is probably true. Hopefully we hear some good news today.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:42 AM

its not thier fault...pokernow really is having/giving problems....
Old 03-17-2005, 08:48 AM

I was told by BR that the 17th would be the day I might get payment since this PokerNow fiasco. I'm not playing until I get the payment, just to make sure (exams anyway), but I wouldn't hesitate to move to another Rakeback quickly.

Aside: I've sent two E-Mails to BR in the last week (non related to PN issue) with no response.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:16 AM

PokerNOW has suspended all payments to all affiliates. The news of this has been plastered all over the Internet Gambling forum for the last week or so.

We're not trying to scam anyone here. These are the facts of the matter. Facts which could easily have been confirmed with the slightest bit of research.

As far as e-mail response times go, as you can imagine, we're pretty overwhelmed at the moment with 200 different people inquiring about the current situation on PN.

Right now we're waiting for news, the same as everyone else. Hopefully this will all be resolved tomorrow and we can take things from there.

I guess to close I'd just like to say that although our ads may be humorous, we take our reputation seriously. We hope for some good news tomorrow that will allow us to pay everyone exactly what they are owed.

Mike,
Balanced Returns
Old 03-17-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: RAKEBACK FRAUD!!! PLAYERS BEWARE!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 03-17-2005, 12:01 PM

I figured about the E-Mails. And like I mentioned, I know PN/BR mentioned the 17th was expected payment date. Still, I'd rather wait on PokerNow to make good on their promise -- considering your goon status, I never thought it was a scam.

However, if Pokernow is shady, I wouldn't hesistate to move to another rakeback like Empire or Eurobet through you guys.

I won't post the question I E-Mailed (nothing with current PN fiasco), don't want to get into specific discussion as the post might get deleted.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:40 PM

You're an idiot.

Please at least put a tiny bit of thought into a post which can easily harm another person.

Just to clear this up, Party didn't pay PokerNOW hence BalancedReturns can't pay you, can they?
Old 03-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Moron, after an idiotic post like that without any sort of comfirmation on your part, the least you could do is apoligize to the guy.

PokerNow is being audited by Party hence no payments.

Before making accusations like that confirm your facts.

Do a search in the internet forums, hundreds and hundreds of posts about this.

Oh btw did I say your a moron?
Old 03-17-2005, 04:54 PM

You are all correct. I am a moron. Forgive, operators of "Balanced Returns", this was my way of comfirming the info you emailed me. In my experience posts get more views/responses with a good title and inflamitory content. I really wanted to find out if I had been had and if continuing to play on PokerNow would continue to reward my scammers. It seems that I was wrong in my doubts, and wrong in the way I went about researching those doubts. I do hope that all that I have done for you is given you publicity - considering the other posts in this thread, it seems doubtful that any other 2+2 members will believe the indirect allegations made in my first post. I hope they don't. I do wish that I had been contacted by BR about the problem - the initial contact was very friendly, but I never heard from you since. In your response to my email, you claimed "oversight", my mind went immediately to fraud.

Again, it seems my suspicions were incorrect. I'm sorry for any trouble I have caused you.

CSC
Closed Thread