Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Fun Game / What Game Is This?

OK, here's a game that we used to play in my high school.

we called it Chinese Poker, but it is obviously not.

Can be played 2, 3, or 4 handed

Game is played with poker hands, 1 card hands, pairs, three of a kinds, or five card hands; with 3 low and 2 being high. Suites are ranked from low to high: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

So, the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is the lowest 1 card hand, and 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is the highest.

Highest 5 card hand is a spade royal J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

and so forth

3/4 handed, entire deck is delt out (extra card goes to player holding low card, heads up 17 cards are delt.

Low card (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in a full game) starts, by putting any hand down containing the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

ie player may put down 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] etc ect

The next player must then lay down a hand of the same number of cards to beat the previous hand, or pass.

Once an hand is passed around to the player who put down the last hand, he starts a new round of any type of hand he wants. Once someone puts down the nuts, (ie 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in a single card round), he immediatly starts another round

Game ends when first player uses all of his cards. The remaining players then pay the winner $x for every card left in thier hand.

Has anyone ever played this, or did my friends make it up?
It is shitloads of fun, and I ended my senior year of HS up like $500 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]