Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:22 PM

Default First time in AC, I want to move

I just got back from my first trip to AC this past weekend. Why did I waste time in Bay Area card rooms and Vegas?

I only played the 1-2 NL at the Trop. Dudes (and ladies alike) would just plop down at the table and start handing it out. Some of my favorites included:

One dude who bought in for the max 3 times within an hour. On his last re-buy, he still had about $50 in front of him. After dealer gives him his $300, floor says quietly “you know you should only be able to get $250 right now” he says “These guys won’t care, I’m just gonna give it to them anyways”

Another dude with hoodie and glasses going hard heads up when the river makes the board 9-6-9-6-6 and he says quietly to himself “Aw man, don’t tell me she made a boat” (I realize he could be reading her for a pocket pair higher than 9's, but he had just contributed his whole stack within 1/2 hour of me sitting down, this would apparently be his first correct read ever)

I took down a huge pot in the 10 seat from a guy in the 1 seat with a hoodie and iPod after he exposed his hand because he thought everyone folded to his big bet, then he complains “I can’t hear what’s going on”.

Sigh. Unfortunately I now live in Ohio, so I’ll have to wait a while for another early Christmas.

edited to reduce nitpicking
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: First time in AC, I want to move

Welcome to AC. It certainly is a magical place.

-Yarney