Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Getting aggressive: Bluffing

In this first hand I don't have enough hands on villian to give meaningful stats, and I haven't seen him get out of line.

5 handed game, folded to the button who raises. I 3bet with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] villian 4bets, button folds and I call.

flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, villian bets, I call.

turn is a 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, villian bets, I raise.

I open UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] In our most recent hand together hand villian checkcalled the flop and betfolded the turn. His stats are 55/25ish. He was the lone caller out of the BB.

Flop was Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise of course yeah?

Last one of these. Villian in this hand appears to be a thinker with 24/15ish stats.

Villian limps UTG, villian from the above hand limps UTG+1, I limp in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] the SB calls and the BB checks.

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB checks, villian checks, UTG+1 bets, I raise, blinds fold, villian 3bets, UTG+1 calls, I cap and they both call.

turn is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villian checks, utg+1 checks, I bet, villian raises, utg+1 folds, I call.

river is a 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villian bets, I raise.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Getting aggressive: Bluffing

Hand 1: lead the flop & fold to a raise.

Hand 2: w/o a super strong read I'm folding the turn.

Hand 3: fold.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:16 AM

I don't actually like any of these lines.

First, villian 4bet preflop, he's not folding for one on the flop and if doesn't have me beat he still migth raise in some weird free card/showdown play.

In hand 2 villian not 2 minutes ago checkcalled the flop and bet folded the turn. He's also a 50/25ish so he's not going to remember or be a thinker. How can I not raise?

I have a hard time explaining hand 3. It felt like at that time in that situation a bluff raise had a good enough chance to work. The number of times I've bluff raised the river in limit holdem is probably less than 10. This time it didn't work either, he called me with JJ no club.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:41 PM

Hand 1: I don't like it beacuse the pot is huge and I think KK and QQ are calling down.

Hand 2: Fine- but check behind on the river at least.

Hand 3: I don't like it. What does a TAG limp UTG? Usually small pairs and suited connecters. I don't think he has a set given the board, so I'm putting him on a flush draw and a flush. I haven't counted the pot, but the turn may be close to a call given that an 8 or 2 will give you a boat. I certainly wouldn't raise the river though.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I don't like it beacuse the pot is huge and I think KK and QQ are calling down.

Hand 2: Fine- but check behind on the river at least.

Hand 3: I don't like it. What does a TAG limp UTG? Usually small pairs and suited connecters. I don't think he has a set given the board, so I'm putting him on a flush draw and a flush. I haven't counted the pot, but the turn may be close to a call given that an 8 or 2 will give you a boat. I certainly wouldn't raise the river though.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 I got called on the turn checkraise and bet out the river, as I remember it was marginally scary. Villian thought a while and called with 22. Although it turned out ot be for value it obviosuly wasn't a good bluffing spot.

In hand 2 villian folded the turn.