Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2003, 05:53 PM

Default PokerStars low limit games--for MS Sunshine and others

I don't post here very often, but am a low limit hold em player ($2/$4 - $6-12), and was curious as to your opinion on the quality of players at PokerStars at low limits. I remember a while back you (MS Sunshine) posted a pretty long list of players that you rated accordingly to their play. (but most of them were either $10/$20 players or tourney players). Since I have seen you play some lately at the smaller limits, I was wondering if you (or anyone else) had some kind of list for just these players.

I didn't attempt to play in the Zoo tourney, since I am not a regular poster, and I didn't want anyone to wonder "Who was that dude that busted out in the first three minutes?" but maybe I will catch the next one.

I appreciate all the help and advice that I have read on here the past year or so. When/if I have anything enlightening to offer, I will definitely chime in...otherwise, I will just lurk in the shadows.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

JSJ
Old 05-09-2003, 06:05 PM

Default Re: PokerStars low limit games--for MS Sunshine and others

I doubt that there is such thing as overall quality of players there. For example right now (3PM PT) there are full games (10 players):

$5/$10 27% flop
$5/$10 42%
$3/$6 45%
$3/$6 23%
$2/$4 29%
$2/$4 22%

So it varies and you need to be selective.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:46 PM

Default Re: PokerStars low limit games--for MS Sunshine and others

Hello JSJ

I must win at tournaments or break-even between there and live. My wife cries when Neteller deposits to a poker site and then I get a Howler.

I've always found PS high limit hold'em games on the tough side. Their higher limit PL and NHL also are tough. The $2-4-$5-10 are OK, and the baby NL are really soft weekeds.

At PS my database is 3400 playerts with a big jump in new players since the WPT in Aruba. It would be difficult to make a list with all the low-limit I'm playing, but I will think about it.

MS Sunshine