Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2003, 10:54 PM

Default PokerStars $25K freeroll

PokerStars players are funny...Some of the qualifying $25K freeroll hands have had less than the maximum number of players at the table... and then after the hand is announced (read: over), players rush to the table and take a seat, as if they are going to fool the system and erroneously be included in the tourney. This reminds me of a "hidden camera" investigation on a 20/20 like TV show I saw a few years back, where they were testing people's honesty. They staged a (minor) public bus crash, and then hidden cameras showed several people that were in the vicinity (not on the bus)..rush and get on the bus before the police got there...then they were talking about how their necks and backs were sore...in true American fashion, all looking for a big payday.

The tourney count is at 66 right now (64 listed and 2 with 2 seats)...so the maximum will be 76 players (provided hand 50million has a full 10 players).

$25000 / 76 = approx. $329.

Plus there are only a handful of solid players in right now...definitely the softest field ever for $25K on PokerStars.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:21 AM

Default Re: PokerStars $25K freeroll

Yeah I was thinking how SWEET it would be to get in this tournament. I would like my chances against the .2/.4 cent stud players. I think I could at least finish 27th
Old 03-22-2003, 10:07 AM

Default Re: PokerStars $25K freeroll

i could not show up and make the money lol