Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 12-27-2005, 01:57 PM

Default sigh... aces.

hey guys,

sorry if this has been covered a bajillion times but i'm new to this forum, though i've been playing plo for quite some time. i haven't read too much here so if this is basic and simple if you can point me to some good sources, that would be great.

basically i want to know how to play aces. one s trategy i have employed is reraising a shortstack raiser to less than half of what he has left so it is obvious to everyone that if he pushes i will push, which prevents them from calling...

but the problem is when i'm deep, do i really have to just cold call and play them for set value? that doesn't seem quite f air, now does it?

in early position i'm generallylimping in and i'll raise them in late position. sometimes i'll raise small to build a pot if i hit my set/allow me to push if someone decides to reraise. are these standard?

so what strategies do you guys usually employ?

if it is necessary i'm playing 10/20 so like half thepeople are not donks.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: sigh... aces.

Hey Duck,

Here is a link to a collection of AA related posts somebody did recently if you haven't seen it. I actually haven't gone through it yet so I don't know if it has any with the depth you need or if it is too basic for you but it is someplace to start.

Collection of AA posts
Old 12-27-2005, 02:41 PM

I think you can reraise and raise with aces deep stacked but only if your raising range is wide enough that people can't put you squarely on aces. But the problem is, that even if you make an effort to reraise with a range of hands, a lot of folks are just going to put you on aces anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Which is nice when you don't have them and a pain in the ass when you do. Basically when it's deep I'm more likely to reraise with tricky hands like low double-suited runs then aces so I can represent them and get someone to commit their stack with middle set when I have a straight or big draw.

I'm just rambling. Maybe post a few AA hands? Also that collection of threads is pretty decent.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:34 PM

thanks for the reply. thing is, i do that whole reraise with other stuff thing and it works brilliantly. the reason it works so well is the same reason that still doesn't help me when i have aces though =)