Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-20-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Another 30/60 hi/low hand

Comments?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5 (converter)

Seat 1: $896.50
Seat 2: $1.454.50
Hero: $4,735
Seat 4: $1.707.50
Seat 5: $940.50
Seat 6: $763.50
Seat 8: $700

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.58 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.58 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

River - (21.58 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___raises

Total pot: (27.58 BB)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Another 30/60 hi/low hand

tens are very marginal. I don't bring it in for the full bet here. I bet out fourth. fifth is fine. i don't mind sixth either. the river, I probably just check since there isn't much value in a bet (since the pot is being split)... I think this makes it a call since a check raise would cost you 2 bets.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:31 PM

Usually big hidden pairs are a good hand in this game, but I just don't think that Tens are strong enough to bring it in for a full bet here. I might do it once in a while though if I thought I could steal the antes with them. No one's board is very scary in this spot. Anyway, if I did bring it in and people called I would put on the brakes here.

I would fold fourth street unless I had a good read that the opponent with the Ace will call in this spot with just three to a low or something else that you beat at the moment. Most will not since the other low caught good. You close the action so it can go either way i guess.

Fifth street I really don't like at all. You've got two medium pair. The ace just caught a wheel card if indeed he was on a low draw. The other low just paired his door. You might be slightly ahead at the moment, but I just don't thin k that you are in good enough shape to warrant a raise. YOu don't really know where you stand at all in this hand. Not to mention that no one is going anywhere by you raise.

Sixth street makes me want to puke. Both villians caught low cards. You are almost always drawing to half of the pot at best. You don't even know if your hand is good for high. You're way likely to get scooped here to be pumping the pot.

River: I would be glad to check this down and cross my fingers that I get half. Betting doesn't make much sense here IMO.

Mike
Old 12-20-2005, 06:49 PM

don't forget about the dead 8. and that there aren't many sevens left. it makes it much more likely you are ahead for high, I think it is imperative to bet out fourth to put pressure on the ace that bricked. on fifth, I think the ace has four to a low and you should go ahead and raise fifth. sixth and seventh you shouldn't be raising since it's likely you are being freerolled
Old 12-20-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't play this game anymore. More seriously, bring in normally on 3rd and fold to any other action. Fourth is an easy fold with your crappy one-way hand.

Jeff
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM

I would bring this one in for $10 and fold if anyone raised. Tens are death in this game. Fold fourth too. I wouldn't have gotten there, but I'd probably just call on fifth. You probably do have the best hand with the Eight being gone and all, but your edge isn't going to be all that great. You're not going to knock anyone out unless the Eights three-bet, in which case you're almost certainly behind. I'd wait, and if it comes down favorably on sixth, you can raise, and your edge will be much greater.

As it happens, it didn't come down very well at all on sixth, and you decided to go bananas anyway. I would call one bet and not like it. Do you go this nuts with Tens-up in high-only?

Check behind on the river. You've got two guys to beat for half the pot. Tens-up probably isn't worth betting in this spot in high-only. You're laying a pretty stiff price in this game.

If you're going to put this kind of money on the table, you might spring $35 for Ray Zee's book.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:02 PM

first of all, thank you for taking the time to post this hand - why all the harsh remarks? jealous of the big stakes this player can afford to play? andy's criticism is biting and yet constructive as he recommends a great book - the other guy's remarks are unneccessary.

anyway, high hands must be played with caution .. especially when overcards like aces abound. bring it in and see what the aces does - if he raises or calls a raise, I'm gone. all other decisions become difficult because you're playing a marginal hand in a marginal situation, which you could have avoided. for example, suppose you had kings and had limped to get info on the ace and both players had limped .. now you could bet out and hope the next player raises to get heads up - with the tens I'd be afraid to make that play, so I'd just usually abandon the hand on 4th street.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why all the harsh remarks? jealous of the big stakes this player can afford to play?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, just trying to stop the bleeding.