Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 06-29-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Money manegment.

I dont know if i speld it right .
But it is any good threads about this or website?

Only too se what they are meaning i have no ide.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Money manegment.

Search for bankroll management
Old 06-29-2005, 05:48 PM

basically it means dont play games that are too expensive if you go on a streak of bad luck.. always have a cushion
Old 06-29-2005, 05:51 PM

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Hmmmm

There is a lot of discussion of conventional wisdom of bankroll management (300 bbs and the like). However, I am actually not familiar with a definative post on bankroll management. (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) I think it's a niche that could easily be filled by a "big name" on this board.

I would like to see it. I consider myself pretty good at BM, but am always willing to improve on any aspect of my game. I think it's an essential and underrated part of being a good poker player.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Hmmmm

bruce z posted something in the probability forum (i think) a long time ago with a formula to compute minimum bankroll size based on wr and std dev.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 PM

I really wish i had learned the details of bankroll management when i started winning at poker. Instead i made cash-out after cash-out thinking all i needed was three or four times my buy in. The problem is that being good at playing poker doesn't mean you know how to manage your bankroll.

It was an extremely frustrating experiance when i went broke, and even then i didn't think it was due to bankroll mismanagment, i blamed the down swing. If it wasn't for this site, I might have felt grinding out a small profit playing poker wasn't worth the swings.

Anyway, all i really wanted to say was that bankroll management is a simple but HUGE part of being successful at poker, and it's not stressed nearly enough or often.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of discussion of conventional wisdom of bankroll management (300 bbs and the like). However, I am actually not familiar with a definative post on bankroll management. (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) I think it's a niche that could easily be filled by a "big name" on this board.

I would like to see it. I consider myself pretty good at BM, but am always willing to improve on any aspect of my game. I think it's an essential and underrated part of being a good poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bankroll formulas and Derivation of bankroll formulas.