Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-24-2005, 12:00 PM

Default 15/30 button 3bet

Full 15/30 B&M. Weak, loose passive player open raises in CO. Hero 3bets on button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain (LAG preflop/flop, Loose, passive turn/river) in SB, BB, CO all call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to hero who bets. Villain cr, BB calls 2 cold (seriously, any pair) CO folds, hero calls.

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, check, hero bets. Villain cr, fold, call.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain check, Hero "Are you trying to check raise me 3 times?" Villain "I will if you bet." Hero bets.

Comments are greatly appreciated on all streets.

ts
Old 12-24-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: 15/30 button 3bet

3bet the flop.

3bet the turn.

Bet the river.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.

Nick
Old 12-24-2005, 12:17 PM

Hi turtlestar,
[ QUOTE ]
Villain check, Hero "Are you trying to check raise me 3 times?" Villain "I will if you bet." Hero bets.

[/ QUOTE ] That's priceless.

Preflop: I don't like your isolation attempt with 66. Although you have the button, your description of open-raiser is weak, loose-passive, which means his pf raises are going to be strong hands. He would normally limp in most playable situations (for him). I would muck and wait for better hands to reraise.

Flop: The flop is very draw-rich. I would prefer a reraise while this betting round is cheap.

I like the rest of the hand. Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:18 PM

I would have jammed the flop with extreme prejudice. On the turn, I'm still only slowing down once it's 3-bet or capped or if one of the callers suddenly wakes up.

- Jim
Old 12-24-2005, 12:30 PM

Upon reflection, all 3 seconds of it after I called, I agreed with this, but if I don't post my mistakes too, I'm lying to myself.

Please don't kick me out of the forum.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Chief,
Thank you for your reply. I agree with you after thinking the hand through. The missed bet on the turn was my main concern. Its good to hear the thoughts from others. Overall I think I played the hand poorly and I HATE to miss bets - mostly because raising is fun.

ts
Old 12-24-2005, 12:44 PM

onegymrat,
Thank you for your reply. In this particular game, even with this player, a raise from the CO does not neccessarily mean great strength (he auto mucked on the highly coordinated flop). This is just from my read of him, and the hours I have played with him. He tends to make the "mandatory" steal raise from the CO as do most in this game. I thought if I put all this in my original post it would be too long and no one would read it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Having said that, I do agree that loose passive + raise pf = strength. This time I didn't think that to be the case.

Just my 2 cents.
ts
Old 12-24-2005, 01:46 PM

Preflop isolation is fine, especially if you know exactly why you are doing so.

Preflop should usually be jammed. If you think that the BB will call the bet and raise on the turn, I think that you can make a very strong argument for calling the flop and raising the turn.

The river is hilarious. It is read dependent, my guess is that they are not being too rational at this point in the night. 15/30 live is usually a very weak game with people frequently checking monsters on the river. They could have anything. 15/30 live isn't anywhere near the quality that you will find at 15/30 online.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Having said that, I do agree that loose passive + raise pf = strength. This time I didn't think that to be the case.

[/ QUOTE ] Good point. You were there, we were not.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet the flop.

3bet the turn.

Bet the river.

Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect. and preflop iso play is fine, though close. Anything below 66 and I probably much.