Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: good Lee Jones article

It is no wonder online poker is rigged, when real life is rigged. Today, when I was going to cross the street I had to stop for a black car, followed by 2 red cars, followed by 2 black cars and then a white car. If there is 10 different car colors the chance that exactly that would happen is 1/10*10*10*10*10*10=1/1 000 000! No way that could be just a coincidence.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:58 PM

Great article, Lee.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:03 AM

If you have the best hand preflop at pokerstars you will lose almost everytime unless you cause everyone else to fold.

QQ will beat KK a hell of a lot more than 1 out of 989 times there.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:08 AM

didn't you quit this forum?
Old 12-09-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't you quit this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes
Old 12-09-2005, 03:21 AM

Ok a serious question for Lee, doubt he will read this but here goes.

Say everything is fair, deal is 100 percent random im just a paranoid player... Ok that said.. Say I constantly get sucked out on. I mean AA losing to AK, KK losing to QQ like in his article.. I MEAN CONSTANTLY.. Am i just the unluckiest player in the world?

By his article I must be. FYI when I played online I didnt play many hands.. Say maybe 500 a day which would equate to about 12 hours of live play.

So should I just deal with the fact that I am the unluckiest player in the world? I mean that in it of itself seems far less likely than the deal not being totally random. The preceding logic is where I come to the conclusion that their deal is fishy. I think the odds of me being the most unlucky player in the wolrd are far higher than their shuffle being flawed.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the odds of me being the most unlucky player in the wolrd are far higher than their shuffle being flawed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of people think they can't possibly be the unluckiest player in the world.

One of them is wrong.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So should I just deal with the fact that I am the unluckiest player in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that is not right at all. The premise of "online poker is rigged" is that the sites are redistributing money from the good players to the bad in order to maximize rake, right? So if they're giving you the most bad beats, it must be because YOU ARE THE BEST POKER PLAYER IN THE WORLD! You should feel very, very flattered everytime you get sucked out on - the sites know you are the king!
Old 12-09-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the best hand preflop at pokerstars you will lose almost everytime unless you cause everyone else to fold.

QQ will beat KK a hell of a lot more than 1 out of 989 times there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly the hell hope so, otherwise the site would be rigged. In fact QQ will beat KK about a fifth of the time. Can you see that that is a LOT more than one out of 990?

--Zetack
Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 AM

good article... and first time i played B&M, the same person had pocket aces twice in row and had a straight flush beat an ace high flush. sort of shot down my concerns about "internet poker being rigged".

but why is everyone so sure that a major site wouldn't juice the card flow a little bit? and i underline "a little bit", just to spice things up.

i mean, would anyone be shocked to pick up the wall street journal or new york times next week and see that there's an investigation of a major poker site for a rigged card flow? would you really be shocked? especially in this environment of major fortune 500 corporation like enron and adelphia running huge scams. for gosh sakes, these companies were pillors of their local communities