Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Stillman\'s play on the pocket deuces!

Does anyone else think his play was horrible, especially post flop? Is Kessler an extremely tight player? I could never play for 4 days and then bet a half a million chips on 2's. Also, he was a jerk! Yelling that the guy called the raise w/ A10o. I'm glad he's gone.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Stillman\'s play on the pocket deuces!

After being berated by Stillman for such a bad call preflop with AT, I'd just tell him I put him on K9.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:57 AM

Overplaying small pocket pairs like that is a standard move for small $$ online players.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Overplaying small pocket pairs like that is a standard move for small $$ online players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad he didn't catch the duece, but if he did he would have felt like an idiot for acting like a jerk.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad he didn't catch the duece, but if he did he would have felt like an idiot for acting like a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he would have thought he deserved it.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:48 AM

It was a horrible play by someone with a horrible attitude. Poker is a gentleman's game.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:53 AM

The play was not as terrible as you guys think. Being that they were getting down to 30 or so he figured A10o guy had to have a premium hand to call his reraise. The guy who called made the worst play by calling. He basically bled off what could have been 25-30% of his stack on a hand that is dominated or way behind by any reraising hand. He got lucky. If I was that big oaf I would have been pissed too that bad play got rewarded. The big oafs mistake was going all in on the flop after the Ace hits. His reraise with 22 is a pretty good chip accumulating play.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The play was not as terrible as you guys think. Being that they were getting down to 30 or so he figured A10o guy had to have a premium hand to call his reraise. The guy who called made the worst play by calling. He basically bled off what could have been 25-30% of his stack on a hand that is dominated or way behind by any reraising hand. He got lucky. If I was that big oaf I would have been pissed too that bad play got rewarded. The big oafs mistake was going all in on the flop after the Ace hits. His reraise with 22 is a pretty good chip accumulating play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I don't fault him for the pre flop play. I would limp with it early, but in later stages I would raise. But when he went all in after the flop I was shocked.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree,

The PF call might have been a little loose but Stillman had proven to be raising with less than stellar hands and then pushing any flop as witnessed by the K9 and J8 hands. So the guy knew if he hit his flop with A10 he was doubling up thus giving him the implied odds to make the call. Hit your Ace and let the agressor dig his own grave.

Stillman "the lisping gorilla" had one gear, agression, and was begging to get busted as he was overplaying his hands on a rush. When a guy just calls your re-raise PF and it comes A high it should send warning signs off in your head. I don't even think Stillman gave thought to what his opponnent might be holding.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 PM

That guy was from my hometown of Staten Island, and sad to say his attitude's fairly typical where I'm from.

His biggest mistake was going all-in with nothing, expecting a fold from a guy who was obviously tickled pink just to have made it that far. The guy kept saying how awesome it was to even still be in it. Those are the players that call with top pair, 10 kicker.

He definitely acted like a jerk when he busted out tho - I liked how the announcers contrasted him with the Brooklyn firefighter who got sucked out by Raymer and still showed class.