Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 05:50 PM

Default WCOOP Event 4 - 3 hands for review

I'm not experienced or great at MTT's. I qualified for this via a satelite. Here are 3 hands I would like some feedback on, feel free to rip me.

(ps - converter didn't work for me - is there a new one?)

Hand 1.

2nd level - blinds 15/30
Button 3775 in chips
Hero BB 1960
MP 3060 in chips

MP mini open raises. I'm not sure what that means - he has been unremarkable so far. Button raises to 180. Button has been good aggressive and tricky and has picked off another over aggro player at the table to pick his stack up. I'm not sure what my image is.

I have J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB and call the 180.

I call as I am slightly nervous of the original mini raise and don't want to bloat the pot out of position. Is my hand to strong to consider that?

Anyway, MP folds. Heads up to the flop. Pot is T420

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check (mistake) Button bets full pot. I ???

Hand 2

Hero 3455 in chips
Villain 2190 in chips

Villain raises to 150 UTG. Villain has been weak, tight and passive. He is quite easy to push out of pots and will call down with decent hands.

I call out of the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

FLOP 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check. Villain checks and I miss my checkraise.

TURN 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 200. Villain calls.

RIVER 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet 400 Villain raises to 1150. I ??

Hand 3

Villain 7125 in chips
Hero 1630 in chips

Villain is the button from Hand 1.

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the SB

Villain open raises to 150 in the CO. Button folds.
I raise to 500 out of the SB. BB folds. CO calls.

FLOP 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I push my stack. Standard?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: WCOOP Event 4 - 3 hands for review

Hand#1, i like leading for 300 then folding to a reraise\
hand#2-push
#3-standard, i think
Old 09-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Hand 1 - Personally, I call the flop bet and then see what he wants to do on the turn.

Hand 2 - I like a smallish reraise. However, here that means putting the villian all-in.

Hand 3 - s'ok. The problem is, if you are ahead, he has 3-6 outs, but if you're behind, you have 3 or six outs. Standard way ahead/way behind situation. In these situations, might as well let the other guy bet.

CSC
Old 09-07-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - Personally, I call the flop bet and then see what he wants to do on the turn.

Hand 2 - I like a smallish reraise. However, here that means putting the villian all-in.

Hand 3 - s'ok. The problem is, if you are ahead, he has 3-6 outs, but if you're behind, you have 3 or six outs. Standard way ahead/way behind situation. In these situations, might as well let the other guy bet.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi CSC, thanks for the responses,

Hand 1 - A couple of questions if I call.

What if he pots the turn?
What if he checks behind and a scare card comes on the river (A or K)?
Old 09-07-2005, 07:03 PM

I'm perfectly happy letting this go on a pot turn. I am also ok with allowing him to draw to 6 outs. It isn't the best of all possible situations, but I think it is making the best of a bad situation. What hands to you just call with on the flop here? X2, QX, XcXc, or a PP. He knows this. He also knows that he doesn't want to end his tourney by betting into trips on a complete bluff. If he pots the turn, I'll give him credit for AQ or better, or give him respect for being such a gutsy bluffer. On the other hand, I don't like raising here because if he has the overpair, he pushes and you've just lost a very sizable raise. Most likely he has about 3 outs (ie: AT). I don't mind letting him draw to 3 outs if that means we can see a cheap showdown/get more info on the strength of his hand.

CSC
Old 09-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Hand # 1 - This is definately the trickiest hand. Preflop call is good. I like cardsharp's check/call line on the flop, though a checkraise would definately tell you where you're at. Unfortunatly that would get you committed so if you're wrong you're done. If villain pots a blank turn I would check to see if he's European. If not I fold. But what if he bets half? What if turn is a club? What if its an A or K?

Hand # 2 - Well it looks like he checked a set of jacks on the flop, filled up on the turn, and let you catch up. He could also have the nut flush but that's less likely. The only hands you beat here are a smaller flush (doubt it), trip 3s (maybe), or a complete bluff (not from a weak tight). I think folding is the right play since if I call I expect to lose here 80% of the time.

Hand # 3 - With this stack I pot it back preflop and give villain a chance to fold. Its all going in on the flop anyway.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:27 PM

Hand 1, i call the flop. On the turn, you have a very wide option here.

If a non club-lower than jack or a queen, i lead the turn.

If a club falls, i checkraise the turn or bet 3/4 pot on river if he checks.

If an ace or a king falls, i check-fold to a large bet or lead the river if he checks.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, i call the flop. On the turn, you have a very wide option here.

If a non club-lower than jack or a queen, i lead the turn.

If a club falls, i checkraise the turn or bet 3/4 pot on river if he checks.

If an ace or a king falls, i check-fold to a large bet or lead the river if he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]you dont have a large enuff stack for a meaningful CR
Old 09-07-2005, 08:33 PM

kdoublek, the problem with your line is that this is how I might play a wide variety of hands. AJ, suiteds, X3. He could very easily be value-bettting here after letting the hero fire out all the bets he wanted to. I think the odds of a bluff are about equal to the odds of a boat - about 20% for each. But that means you've got a hand to value bet 60% of the time.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:39 PM

oops, sorry. Should have read closer