Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:12 AM

Default taxes and chickenhawks

1. "Why don't you goddamn 30 year old gung-ho republican war supporters go sign up and fight if you think it's so important? Chickenhawks."

2. "Why don't you goddamn whining democrats volunteer to donate excess income to the government if you are so upset about the tax cuts. Hypocrites."

Enough with the chickenhawk threads. It's a stupid argument.

The only people who should be laying "chickenhawk" on the table are those who volunteered to pay extra taxes this year because they are unhappy about the taxcuts/deficit.

Otherwise, just shut the hell up and argue the merits of your position against the war.

natedogg
Old 08-22-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: taxes and chickenhawks

[ QUOTE ]
2. "Why don't you goddamn whining democrats volunteer to donate excess income to the government if you are so upset about the tax cuts. Hypocrites."

[/ QUOTE ]Uh, because we're all going to eventually anyway. Spending is increasing and that money won't come out of thin air.

Chickenhawk.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:59 AM

Also, it's the tax cuts for the rich that the left is against. John Kerry for example only wanted to repeal the cuts on those making over 200k.

And P.S. don't put so much faith in those Rush Limbaugh one-liners. You're smarter than that.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:22 AM

this would have to be the most retarded arguement i've seen today.

there's no equivalency between, support for a war, and support for a fiscally sound government budget.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it's the tax cuts for the rich that the left is against. John Kerry for example only wanted to repeal the cuts on those making over 200k.

And P.S. don't put so much faith in those Rush Limbaugh one-liners. You're smarter than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Rush Limbaugh used it, I'm not aware. I made it up myself.

Also, you may be mistaking me for someone who supports the war.

And your reason for not volunteering more taxes could just as easily be used to explain for so called "chickenhawks" aren't signing. It's the same logic.

That is the point. Try not to be so blinded by your own partisanship. You're smarter than that.

natedogg
Old 08-22-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this would have to be the most retarded arguement i've seen today.

there's no equivalency between, support for a war, and support for a fiscally sound government budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be the most retarded post I've seen today (and I've been in oot quite a bit). The point is that both are dumb arguements and do nothing to advance the dialoge on either debate. The OP is making, what I think, is a plea to make substantive arguements for the sake of the potency of the forum.

To the OP, I agree these arguements only go nowhere and are useless for the sake of honest discourse.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:10 PM

Nice post, Nate. I knew there had to be a counter-example to that bad argument that anyone who supports the war has to enlist and fight.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And your reason for not volunteering more taxes could just as easily be used to explain for so called "chickenhawks" aren't signing. It's the same logic.

[/ QUOTE ]Uh, no it isn't. The recruiting shortage is going to be made up for in the future? What?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:15 PM

I can't donate money to the government. That's against the law.

I’m also thinking that if you overpay your taxes, they’ll end up returning money to you.

So to conclude, I can’t give more, but you can enlist.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't donate money to the government. That's against the law.

I’m also thinking that if you overpay your taxes, they’ll end up returning money to you.

So to conclude, I can’t give more, but you can enlist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you can indeed donate money directly to the government to help pay down the deficit, if you so wish.