Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: KQo Checkup

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SSH say limp with KQo in early postion.... But what do i know i am still new

[/ QUOTE ]

Me aggro 2p2 me like hand me raise. Me lose money doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
This FYP sucks. Raising KQo UTG is EV+.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:26 PM

Yo Hobbs it's really not worth starting a discussion about because the AJo and KQo UTG raise debate is endless and has been beaten into the ground around here. At this point I think we should just leave it to preference. We even had Jesus come through here and even the son of God couldn't convince everyone. FWIW, I agree with you.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:30 PM

Dudes....are we really debating preflop here??? It's 8-handed and he's UTG+1. This is a clear, easy raise. No debating.

I think the hand is fine and I would play it the same. The river bet has value from worse Q's and little pairs that had draws.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dudes....are we really debating preflop here??? It's 8-handed and he's UTG+1. This is a clear, easy raise. No debating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, seriously. I could see debating it if it were 10 handed and UTG, but... seriously. This is a raise.

Hand looks fine to me.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:53 PM

yeah i raise this PF too..

I know we have no reads on villain and that sucks, but is there any merit to trying to induce a bluff on this river? I mean button CC preflop, so i dont see a hand he has thats worse than yours at the river. With his range I think you can check this river and see if he tries to bluff at this. Cause i dont think he's calling anything you beat.

?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if villain is fishy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I like your line.

[ QUOTE ]
What if he's very good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I don't like that turn card at all and think there's a really good chance we're in trouble once it falls (if we weren't already).

[ QUOTE ]
Standard right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to admit that against an unknown, I'm really tempted to check-call the river. The thing is, if Villain is reasonable, then your chances of being best are not very good.

And, unless 2/4 has changed a lot over the last few months, you are going to get popped on the river by a hand like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on occasion.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo Hobbs it's really not worth starting a discussion about because the AJo and KQo UTG raise debate is endless and has been beaten into the ground around here. At this point I think we should just leave it to preference. We even had Jesus come through here and even the son of God couldn't convince everyone. FWIW, I agree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

WWJD?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WWJD?

[/ QUOTE ]

He would turn one fish into a multitude of fishes to feed everyone's bankroll.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SSH say limp with KQo in early postion.... But what do i know i am still new

[/ QUOTE ]

Me aggro 2p2 me like hand me raise. Me lose money doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play a certain game long enough to prove this, please share the secrets of immortality with me.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the hand is fine and I would play it the same. The river bet has value from worse Q's and little pairs that had draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i raise this PF too..

I know we have no reads on villain and that sucks, but is there any merit to trying to induce a bluff on this river? I mean button CC preflop, so i dont see a hand he has thats worse than yours at the river. With his range I think you can check this river and see if he tries to bluff at this. Cause i dont think he's calling anything you beat.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this wraps up the river action. I think against the average unknown, I'll continue using this line because the average player at 2/4 is trustworthy and very bad postflop. This is not Q9 trying to push me off. But against more aggressive players, I think bet/folding this river can get dangerous and check/calling might be better. It's late though and I'll give it more thought tomorrow. Being in read-based situations without reads sucks.