Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Rebuying Maniac

Don't even try it Noah. You were a jerk at the table and you know it. Or at least you should be that self-aware. Several players were new to re-buys and were asking you about it, but all you gave them was smart-ass replies.

In case you really don't understand what I am talking about:

Exaggeration:

Noah on 2+2: He did the all-in rebuy trick I think 8 times in a row (so thats like over $250).

But Party HH says: rebought 5 times in row (150+)

Noah: He has since done the all-in rebuy 3 more times. ... but now hes committed nearly $400

Party HH: 2 more times, committing $230ish total

Noah: He has 12k
Party HH: He hadn't reached 11k at that point, and never did at that table.

Question from fellow player at the table about the number of rebuys he did: "He does? I only saw one rebuy."

Noah: Nevermind. It's over your head.

2nd fellow player: how do you rebuy when your chips are over 1000 it wont let you?
Noah: u cant. i made a mistake pardon me

And of course reading a reply at 2+2, running back to the table and using someone elses words --

Primetime: "He is a good, known player. He obviously wants a big payday, not a hundred or two profit."

Noah, replying soon after to a question at the table: "Whereas some people would be happy making the money, hes committed to a big payday"

Like I said - you're a nit, Noah. Grow up and try to be helpful to your fellow poker players instead of talking down to them from your table coach perch.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:21 AM

I'm confused. I vote we drop this thread.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:33 AM

Sorry, it's just that I was at that table and Noah was a jerk to anyone who asked him a question. Then I came to the forum to find out what I could about the "all-in/rebuy everytime" start-up strategy and saw his post which had several exaggerated claims about this particular player's actions. The whole enchilada just stuck in my craw, to mix metaphors.

Anyway, back to poker material. The player now has 29k, average is 17k, with leader at 54k. 57 players left, pays through 40 places. He had invested 33 x 7 rebuys= 231+33 entry = 267 before the first break. Add another $33 add-on I'm assuming he made, and he has put $300 into the tournament. If he makes 9th place he will have a $250 profit, 10th he loses $40. So this may or may not work out for him.

Does this seem like a worthwhile strategy if you are an above average player for the field?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:09 AM

seen Fischman (emptyseat_88, breast_fed88) go in 3K+ in the 100 rebuy on stars, I think its great for jumpstarting your table my thinking is that with the added chips in play on your table both in your stack and available to you in other players stacks on your 'enriched' table, as well as the flexibility of a deeper stack - allowing you to play more flops can make it a worthwhile scenario.

I would think you might have to get the table started and then back off a bit if you don't double up/ triple up in the first few rebuys. Sometimes the table just goes nuts when you start right off pushing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- this guy "THEAGGRESSOR', was in over 400 in the 10 rebuy a few weeks back, I had a 20K stack at the addon. I've been known to hit the slider a little in those....... my screenname is Rebuy Ron @ stars lol
Old 07-02-2005, 04:11 AM

So rebuy ron (nice name btw), how effective have you found the tactic?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:12 AM

I think that for someone that has the bankroll and the ability, then it's not a bad strategy. The extra benefit of this style is fattening up the chip stacks of the other players at his table, assuming he doesn't get moved for the next hour or so. If he's the best player at the table, then he has a good shot at getting those chips he invested back. I'm certainly not on the level where I'm willing to take this approach, but real tournament pros can use this tactic to their advantage.
Old 07-02-2005, 04:17 AM

edited some further response into my orig reply sorry
Old 07-02-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So rebuy ron, how effective have you found the tactic?

[/ QUOTE ]

to be honest I think it adds a small bit of value to your table especially if you are seated on a low numbered table (@ stars anyways - meaning your table would break later in the tournament haven't played at Party since they added all the new mtt features.)

the main effect I've noticed is that when you play in the shorter fielded 10 (the 30s,50s, and 100s are usually 200-400 players for the most part.) rebuy events (NOT the 25K guaranteed 800-1000+ players) The extra chips in play offer much more playability in taking flops in the later, post add-on stages of the tournament. The same dynamic doesn't occur in the 800+ player fielded event.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer: Player vanhammersly finished in 1 place and received $6570

[/ QUOTE ]

any questions?
Old 07-02-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$30+3 tourney on party poker and a guy at my table did the all-in rebuy trick I think 8 times in a row (so thats like over $250). He lost two, including one to me, and ended up with 6K plus while the average is still something like 1025. Is he smarter than me or is this taking a good idea too far? I mean, more chips are nice, but now hes basically gotta make the final table to break even. What are your thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is standard for me. my record is.. something like 35 rebuys.. in the party ones, i did 18 in 18 hands in the process of losing a sidebet to be chipleader by break. that was a fun way to lose 1k. holla
Closed Thread