Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Atlantic City...you [censored] bastard.

Sorry to dissapoint you but I won $540 dollars. I was up about $1500 but I had a bad session last night.

I didn't play very well though because of my head cold. I think it turned me weak-tight.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, a tash comment that must be posted:

TT:gay::Evan:short

discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

No discussion needed. I did not know Evan was short, however I stand about 5 8, so I cannot comment.

Steven is not gay, hes a metrosexual. Huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Gallo is, as always, correct. However Felica Lee would disagree on this one. I'll giver her 12 hours before a responce post before the story is re-told once more, it still makes me howl! (assuming she isn't in the hospital yet... thinking about ya girl!)

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to dissapoint you but I won $540 dollars. I was up about $1500 but I had a bad session last night.

I didn't play very well though because of my head cold. I think it turned me weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to play less than optimally in an AC mid limit game, weak tight is the direction to go in.

scrub
Old 04-03-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to play less than optimally in an AC mid limit game, weak tight is the direction to go in.

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems to be the direction all the locals go in...
Old 04-03-2005, 10:58 PM

A Brown Trout card protector? How odd..... did you see any of the brown trout chips on the tables? If so, that was one of us.

Well... I'm stuck 50BB at 10/20 over 22 hours in 2 days. Mike sat down at my table where I initially got slightly stuck playing against a maniac who played 95% of all hands and always raised pre-flop (in other words, any two cards). Normally I salivate over the opportunity to play against this type of player as we went heads up often, but this weekend she got the best of me. For example AKs was broken by her drawing out to pairing on the river with ducks (which she would then summarily raise and showed me 72o me - biatch) even though she had not connections on the flop or the turn. She sucked out on me time and time again - argh!.

Tank and I (MercTek's new nickname, thank you Dave!) sat down at a 10/20 game where we were both semi-card dead and every hand we played lost.... BIG. We were both down 20 or so BB in about 2 hours, it really sucked. But at least we were able to experience the pain together, misery loves company.

Some of the weekend's highlights:

1) Playing Chinese Poker while eating dinner at NOW.... the new must learn game
2) Getting drunk with Ed, Tosh, Matt from P-town (great to meet you mate, and congrats once again!), and our slovenly donator - Swammy
3) Getting owned by Ed rules. If I raised from the hijack position, he would almost always 3-bet from my left with a far better hand. Nice one Ed!
4) Dave's new nickname became sir stuck-a-lot. But we came up with that before it was equally applicable to myself [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
5) Maaaaaxxxxxx Poweeeeerrrrr! I never got to sing it this weekend because I wasn't around to see him bet. No fun.
6) Being stuck a dime sucks, but luckily its only 50 big bets. I have to look at it that way, its hard though since this is the first time I lost that much in one weekend.... I guess its something I'll get used to over time.
7) Don't bother asking Tosh for a backrub when she is drunk, she will rub the wrong side of your neck because she can’t tell left from right anymore.
8) By the end of the second day I started to play a bit weak-tight post flop due to all the losses. Thats the first time I recall this happening, I've got to work on that so losses never affect my deccision making process again.

Great hanging with you all... hope to see you soon... (Oddly) it was fun.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems to be the direction all the locals go in...

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a reason for that and it's not "all the locals suck," even if most of them do.

scrub
Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maaaaaaaaaax Powerrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 04-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Dude wtf.....weren't u were unstuck when sfer and I left? You must have went on a serious slide....

I also finished stuck about 50BBs...which sucked but I think I played fairly well but I also went into weak-tight mode...need to work on that myself.

Aside from the poker, it was fun spending some time with everyone and AC is definitely a different experience with 2+2ers.

Chinese poker does rule.

Also, Tank is an obvious reference to my Mr. Olympia like physique for all who are wondering.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Gallo is, as always, correct. However Felica Lee would disagree on this one. I'll giver her 12 hours before a responce post before the story is re-told once more, it still makes me howl! (assuming she isn't in the hospital yet... thinking about ya girl!)

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're gay, you're gay. I don't care, since I don't want to get laid, lol. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

You just happened to provide excellent fodder for my "breaking the ice" shtick. I couldn't get any from the anal 2+2er's I'd met at Mirage up until that point. I called AndyFox old and a bleeding heart liberal. He didn't bite. I told Tommy that he looked way older than his pics. Still no bite. I told the Dude he looked nothing like the Dude, nothing. I told a whole bunch of kiddie 2+2er's what babies they were...nada.

Then you showed up in this mega-gay jacket, looking like a thin Alec Baldwin, way too handsome to be straight, and you ran right into my clutches. Then everyone started to relax. Or started to make fun of me, whichever may be the case, lol.

The point being, I just try to say outrageous things to get nervous people (not you, obviously), to have fun and joke around. What's the fun of meeting new people if you can't even relax enough around them to have a good time?

No, I'm not in the hospital yet. I'll find out on Wednesday, in Phoenix, if I am a candidate to have chemo then, before the surgery, to give me a head start, and improve my chances.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 04-04-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude wtf.....weren't u were unstuck when sfer and I left? You must have went on a serious slide....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was almost un-stuck, I was up 19 big bets within the first 2 hours of the second day. I was joking about it too, I told Sfer I was just waiting to start spewing it off. And spew I did....