Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: When you have more money than you need

People who tell you to put your money in an IRA are the same people who would blow it on pocket protectors and graphing calculators if they had the chance. Either take your money and use it to play higher stakes, take a nice vacation, or use it to nail hot girls.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:59 PM

Yes, be like tongni. Short term gain is the always the best way to go. And oh yes nail some girls with the money, as if any girl worth nailing would respond by spreading her legs for your small fortune.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, be like tongni. Short term gain is the always the best way to go. And oh yes nail some girls with the money, as if any girl worth nailing would respond by spreading her legs for your small fortune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earned income is where it's at, not unearned income. Didn't your TI-whatever tell you that? Also, some BriteSmile, nice clothes, and a meal at a place that isn't a drivethrough can help out a lot.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:16 AM

I do not want to fan more flames on your post, but you are right, its just money. Time is the most valuable thing in the world. We never get any more of it and how much of it we have is all we have.

There are lots of good things you could do such as mentioned above, or, send some poor kid through college, take up a cause that you like that needs money, etc.

I would first suggest that you invest in yourself. Look at things that will add time or pleasure to your day. Then look to your family, your friends.

Play the S& P 100, that's a challenge and you can play from a few $$ to some serious $$. You won't be bored, may have trouble sleeping, but you won't be bored.

If you really want the money to cease to be a issue give some worthy cause your time. The money will take care of itself, even if its in a lowely bank account. But if you give some of your time, money matters won't be so important.

lol and gl whatever you do!
Old 11-03-2005, 11:27 AM

If you absolutely do not want to invest, and do not want to do anything else with the money,

Save it for when you turn 21 and treat 3-4 of your friend to an all expenses paid Vegas trip. Go the whole nine yards. Top shelf booze, steakhouse dinners, tournament entires, a night out at Spearmint Rhino in the VIP, anything else that you can think of that is fun. Trust me, I went on one hell of a Vegas trip when I turned 21(though not nearly as extravegant as I described above) and it is something I will never forget.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:46 PM

The amount of money at hand here is probably less than 10k, just keep it for a bankroll.. I never understood why money has to burn a hole in peoples pocket.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The amount of money at hand here is probably less than 10k, just keep it for a bankroll.. I never understood why money has to burn a hole in peoples pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much e-penis waving involved in the "it's only 5k, it's only 10k" posts.

Clayton didn't say how much it is, nor does it matter.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:58 PM

then don't rent it out, regardless a house is a great investment.

did you know that they don't make land anymore?
Old 11-03-2005, 01:22 PM

First, please don't donate to charities. You're paying some idiots salary that answers the phone or cleans the toilets at the charity headquarters. If you want to do something along the lines of helping people, get your ass off the computer and go out and help them.

Otherwise, buy yourself the car you've always dreamt of. Invest it. ENJOY IT. We only live once, and you have the ability to go out there and live it in style. Go for it dude.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:15 PM

more money than you NEED for what? $2800 isnt that much money.

link

it's "sit back and relax money" when youre 18 or 19. you can invest a small amount and buy something nice and keep playing poker. but dont drop out of college and expect to live on the interest for the rest of your life.

bwana