Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 02:30 PM

Default WSOP Tournament of Champions 2005

From what I recall it was slated to go down Nov. 6-8th... anyone know where I can get updates on the action? Anyone dropping by Ceasar's to check it out? (though I doubt it's open for public viewing)

Edit: Also, anyone know who is participating and how many people the field is this time around?

Hope Raymer is in it and takes it down, beating hellmuth heads up after pushing him off top pair several times in a row.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: WSOP Tournament of Champions 2005

Pokerwire, Pokerpages and Cardplayer should have updates throughout the day. They decided this year to have it out in the open, since their attempt to keep it secret didn't last very long.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerwire, Pokerpages and Cardplayer should have updates throughout the day. They decided this year to have it out in the open, since their attempt to keep it secret didn't last very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, saw that pokerwire starts their live coverage at 12pm PT, looked at soem online world clocks and they all seem to work based on cities, not time zones. Anyone know what time it is PT atm? Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info, saw that pokerwire starts their live coverage at 12pm PT, looked at soem online world clocks and they all seem to work based on cities, not time zones. Anyone know what time it is PT atm? Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

10:45am PT I wonder what some of the players will think when Brunson, Chan, Hellmuth, RW3 appear at the table when it was supposed to be for the top 20 of each WSOP Circuit event and ME final table only.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:53 PM

I think it would be cool if the tournament was only for previous winners of the ME or people holding 4 or more bracelts. Also, instead of Hold'em it should be mixed games, HORKE (Stud replaced by Kansas.C Lowball), maybe throw some triple draw in there too. Oh, and prop betting should be enocouraged, get some good action going between the big game players. Now that would be a sweet tournament.

Would be completely unwatchable to teh average viewer though, and Norman would go crazy trying to follow the action, things would be going crazier than his ex-wife in divorce court etc. .etc...
Old 11-06-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be cool if the tournament was only for previous winners of the ME or people holding 4 or more bracelts. Also, instead of Hold'em it should be mixed games, HORKE (Stud replaced by Kansas.C Lowball), maybe throw some triple draw in there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that it might prove interesting to do a best 2 out of 3 or something like that, and have some of the other games in there, I don't think it's a good idea to limit it to people who have one bracelets before.

I mean, if I remember right, the way they get there, is to win points throughout the year, and then the top 10 players play it out based on their play all year long.

IMO, this is a very FAIR way of finding the most skilled players to play in the event, and it will indeed, be interesting to watch.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:34 PM

off topic and i dont think deserves a new thread but tony g is going to play in WPT bad boys II, i dont know who the other 5 players are gonna be though.

o and go ivey in the ToC
Old 11-06-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
off topic and i dont think deserves a new thread but tony g is going to play in WPT bad boys II, i dont know who the other 5 players are gonna be though.

o and go ivey in the ToC

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the usual, Hellmuth, Unabomber, maybe Gus Hansen. I think Tiffany Williamson would make a great addition to the Bad Boys show, just to get the others on super-duper-alpha-omega tilt.

Also I think Tiffany plays like Gus Hansen only without the hyper-aggression that makes Gus' style work.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you any source for this? Or is this just speculation?? My guess is that it will be open to the media until the final 9, then the final table results will be kept private until the airing.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

o and go ivey in the ToC

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the usual, Hellmuth, Unabomber, maybe Gus Hansen. I think Tiffany Williamson would make a great addition to the Bad Boys show, just to get the others on super-duper-alpha-omega tilt.

Also I think Tiffany plays like Gus Hansen only without the hyper-aggression that makes Gus' style work.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, and the stellar reads. And the good calculations of the best course of action based on the opponent's likely range of starting hands. And the funny comments Gus always has.

Let me see. Oh yeah, she's nothing like Gus Hansen.