Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: I\'m convinced PP sngs are seat dependant.

[ QUOTE ]
More like CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a very boring,unimaginative, uncreative person YUGO. Your obvious superiority due to your lack of superstition might be very impressive to you but it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Every create anything? Build anything? Are you an artist? And NO being a winning poker player doesn't make you an artist. Your name calling, whether it's true or not, indicates much time spent in trailer parks watching the WWF.

Jennifer Harmon knows no poker math yet she's considered a poker great. She plays on feel. I respect that. Doyle Brunson plays T 2 with a consistancy that nears superstition if not crossing that line with room to spare.

If picking seats that I feel are winning seats wins me money and games then that, I guess, is my superstition. To call me "dumb as [censored] possible" shows absolutely no ability at cleverness or wit whatsoever. I remember the kids in 7th grade speaking just like that.

I'm a musician and writer with a long list of professional accomplishment behind me. Do you have a life outside of poker, Nascar and beer?

while my 38% win rate probably doesn't come close to your stellar poker accomplishments I have many other interests that inspire me. Poker is just one part of my life among many others.

What happened to you when you were younger? Daddy didn't love enough or a little too much?
See, now like it or not, There's a little bit of cleverness in that line and I didn't use a single cuss word.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I lose out of a tournament, I make sure to stick around an extra 20 min until the end to see which seat wins. Capt, if you want to help me, we can get a database of info to figure out what the most profitable seat is. We could probably sell the information to forum members.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in. We could get The Yugo to beat up the people that don't want to buy it since he reeks of hostility [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 11:46 AM

yugo and captsens:

no more namecalling. dynasty has started something that i think is brilliant: 2 day suspensions. brilliant!

captsens:

a) i'm pretty sure jen knows the math
b) i'm pretty sure doyle doesn't play T2 nearly as often as you think
c) beyond making you feel more comfortable at the table (which may have some EV to it) there is nothing to this sense that some seats are better than others.
d) it *may* be that good players tend to sit in those seats, who knows. that would make the players good, not the seats.
e) never confuse cause with effect.
f) you deserved to get a bit flamed for your OP, so calm the [censored] down.

yugo:

the correct answer is clearly orchids.

citanul
Old 07-23-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More like CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a very boring,unimaginative, uncreative person YUGO. Your obvious superiority due to your lack of superstition might be very impressive to you but it doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Every create anything? Build anything? Are you an artist? And NO being a winning poker player doesn't make you an artist. Your name calling, whether it's true or not, indicates much time spent in trailer parks watching the WWF.

Jennifer Harmon knows no poker math yet she's considered a poker great. She plays on feel. I respect that. Doyle Brunson plays T 2 with a consistancy that nears superstition if not crossing that line with room to spare.

If picking seats that I feel are winning seats wins me money and games then that, I guess, is my superstition. To call me "dumb as [censored] possible" shows absolutely no ability at cleverness or wit whatsoever. I remember the kids in 7th grade speaking just like that.

I'm a musician and writer with a long list of professional accomplishment behind me. Do you have a life outside of poker, Nascar and beer?

while my 38% win rate probably doesn't come close to your stellar poker accomplishments I have many other interests that inspire me. Poker is just one part of my life among many others.

What happened to you when you were younger? Daddy didn't love enough or a little too much?
See, now like it or not, There's a little bit of cleverness in that line and I didn't use a single cuss word.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just called "the yugoslavian" a dumb american redneck.

When he called you "CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible," he might have been giving you too much credit.

Also, I'll need your name on Party. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:25 PM

Emmmm... you know, I think Jenny knows more poker math than you might think.
About Doyle - I've seen him folding T2 preflop at least 3 times.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:02 PM

I'm new - this is practice. Great thread, funny stuff.
I'm also new to online sngs. I always try for seats 10 or 1 - and now I know why! Great instincts, look for me in the winners circle.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a very strange but consistant phenomena I've found the party poker sngs. If i'm in a down swing I look at the seats that are winning. More often than not they are consistant winners. right now for me it seems to be seat 1 and 10 are the winners. Not only am I winning when I play those seats (particularly seat 10) but I get so lucky that it's riduculous. if i have TT against KK i flop the set.
If I have 9 8 against AA I make a straight. Even the table comments on my luck. I still apply the general SnG rules but when I sit in the "hot seat" I get great cards and the flops to go with them. Eventually the seats get cold and then I look for the next "hot seats". Anyone else experience this?

[/ QUOTE ]

The bald guy never wins. Don't sit in that seat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a very strange but consistant phenomena I've found the party poker sngs. If i'm in a down swing I look at the seats that are winning. More often than not they are consistant winners. right now for me it seems to be seat 1 and 10 are the winners. Not only am I winning when I play those seats (particularly seat 10) but I get so lucky that it's riduculous. if i have TT against KK i flop the set.
If I have 9 8 against AA I make a straight. Even the table comments on my luck. I still apply the general SnG rules but when I sit in the "hot seat" I get great cards and the flops to go with them. Eventually the seats get cold and then I look for the next "hot seats". Anyone else experience this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Pay no attention to these naysayers, they are closed minded jerks. These hot seats are best found not by trial and error, which wastes a lot of EV as they do move over time, but by the use of divining rods or dowsing pendulum. I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field. These specially designed divining rods neutralize this interference, giving a high quality divining response. Precision, high performance hot seat divining rods for 8-tabling are available on a limited basis for $299. Hot seat dowsing pendulums are in a research phase, and I think their potential for finding the hot seats is even more spectacular. Don't get left behind, those getting in touch with their spiritual potential are taking this game to a new level.

eastbay
Old 07-23-2005, 01:25 PM

This thread

Hey, it's just a joke Capt., no need to go Nascar on me.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me IN! Will you take NetTeller? I hope overnight shipping is available.
Closed Thread