Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Default AJo First Hand B&M MTT

215 players. 8players/table.$30 buy in. No rebuy. UTG folds. UTG +1 calls t20 with AJo. UTG +2 raises to t80. Folds to BB. He calls t80. UTG +1 calls t80.Flop TTJ rainbow.BB checks UTG+1 bets t200. UTG+2 raises to t400.UTG+1 calls.Turn 7c gives a flush draw to board.I am UTG+2 but want to know how a good player plays UTG+1 hand at this point.Starting chips are t2100 and 15 minute intervals.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: AJo First Hand B&M MTT

1st level of a B&M. 2100 chip stacks. Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Preflop:
Hero limps (20), UTG+2 raises to 80, BB calls, hero calls.

(T250)Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets (T200), UTG+2 raises (T400), BB folds, Hero calls.

(T1050)Turn 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero?

FYP
Old 06-18-2005, 05:30 PM

What happened to the bb player? Did he fold on the flop?
Old 06-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Well, UTG+2 is either trying to buy a free card with his min-raise to see if his AK can hit, OR he is nervous about his overpair. Since this is B&M, I make some kind of thoughtful grunt at seeing the 2nd club and then push in all my chips. Since this is B&M UTG+2 MIGHT actually fold his overpair, which is why I am making this bet. I'm not at all worried that UTG+2 has a Ten, but if I check here, he'll likely check behind (gaining confidence in his overpair OR getting a free draw to a winner).

CSC
Old 06-18-2005, 06:09 PM

BB folded on flop
Old 06-18-2005, 06:16 PM

I'm not at all worried that UTG+2 has a Ten. quote

He raised preflop and reraised UTG+1 on the flop of TTJ. What makes you so sure he doesnt have a Ten?He could have TT, KT. AT. 9t. or QT.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:20 PM

He raised PF after a limper. If we can assume he is a good player, the only hand he would do this with is TT. He min-raise on the flop is a scared bet. People who just flopped trips don't make scared bets. They either call behind or they raise a reasonable amount.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:29 PM

People who just flopped trips don't make scared bets. They either call behind or they raise a reasonable amount.

Isnt that play too predictable?
Old 06-18-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who just flopped trips don't make scared bets. They either call behind or they raise a reasonable amount.

Isnt that play too predictable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ignoring PF play. Out of position, after a limper, UTG+2 raised. IF he is a reasonable player, there is only one hand he would do this with. The ONLY remaining combination of TT. If you just flop quads, are you really going to scare out the BB and take the action away from UTG+1??? If you want to include hands like ATs, KTs.... well, then you have a problem, because the only people who raise here in this situation with ATs are very unpredictable players who might butcher the flop like this, because they just don't know any better. HOWEVER, most players that don't know any better limp with these hands PF.

No, UTG+2 does not have a ten. And if he does, FINE!!! Sometimes you get the fish, sometimes the fish get you.

CSC
Old 06-18-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Results

As I said in OP I was UTG+2. I had KcTc.River was 9h. UTG+1 bets t600 I go all in he calls I double up. He said he thought I had AK or AQ. Comments please.