FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero's best play is:
Raise 61 23.28%
Call 129 49.24%
Fold 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Who won the 3rd debate?

has the current president successfully convinced you that he could run our nation? he has had 4 years to do so already and can still only tell us what he plans to do in the future, which always leaves me wondering why he didnt already do those things. i am much more worried about the current presidents ability to run the country than i am with senator kerrys ability to run the country. which i am still notvery convinced at. (just in case you were wondering i voted slight kerry win. partly because i was not impressed at all with either candidate, but bush did blatently lie at least once and possibly twice. my "out of their mind" comment was mostly in reference to my disbelief at someone thinking the president had a "big win" in a debate where he told a blatent lie. THE lie was that he said he wasnt worried about bin laden. since he has said that he was "the biggest threat to our country" means that he was either lying now, or he was lying then. and b) he said he has met with the NAACP at the white house, this is simply incorrect. i would love to see a record of them visiting the white house...

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:15 PM

Look at Mary Beth Cahill's faces as well as Teresa Heinz's face. They know Kerry lost. Although, Teresa may just be pissed that Kerry moved as quickly as possible to discussing women other than her.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:17 PM

haha, im really glad you chose to say those things after the last serious discussion we had where you asked me to write an intelligent response. i spent 30 minutes writing out my point and you never bothered to respond. your other response was correcting me for correcting someone else when i was actually right. yeah, youre right, youve got me on legitimacy.

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Sorry Edge, here is Bush`s quote on Bin Laden

But in March 2002, Bush indeed said, "I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run." He described the terrorist leader as "marginalized," and said, "I just don't spend that much time on him."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ate_fact_check

[ QUOTE ]
e said he has met with the NAACP at the white house, this is simply incorrect. i would love to see a record of them visiting the white house

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not what he said.

[ QUOTE ]
Look at Mary Beth Cahill's faces as well as Teresa Heinz's face. They know Kerry lost. Although, Teresa may just be pissed that Kerry moved as quickly as possible to discussing women other than her.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one question Bush scored on completely and Kerry muffed was the last one about the women in their lives.

Sort of like the Dukakis "What if Kitty were murdered" response in 1988.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also kinda wondering why people feel the need to determine who "won" a specific debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...isn't that precisely the purpose of a debate? To offer opposing viewpoints on issues and, in so doing, convince the judges that you did so more effectively than your opponent. I realize that unlike a real debate, this one had no judges...but it's got the voting public (that's where we come in) to render a final judgment on the matter. Hence this poll.

CNN polls are showing as big of a win for Kerry this debate as the first debate. =D

Somebody finally voted even. At least somebody on the board isn't trying to do some type of strange 2+2 spin for their candidate.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:20 PM

About what I expected after watching Bush get lit up again.