Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Why are 1-table tournament players so mean?

<<<Most of the time I do - otherwise I'm tempted to tap on the glass....... >>>
Man, I am way too social and I can very easily find myself doing this. I have become better, especially now that I 6 table most often, but all too often in the past I would talk strategy or complain about bad calls by opponents that lead to beats. I am much better off playing without chat.
Les
Old 08-28-2005, 02:54 AM

i like having chat on. every time i've noticed someone talking like a fish, they're a fish. they sometimes also say useful things like "wow, you called a raise with 84o?"

today i berated a fish for the first time in many years of poker. it felt dirty.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I find that funny - especially thinking about my 42 year old brother who died of cancer leaving a widow and three year old boy - cracks me up.

Which I why I play without my chat on - and if anyone says that to me in a live game, they'll catch a coors bottle right across the teeth.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's your karma.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I told him that's WHY i got lucky, because of his bad karma.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you too.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I find that funny - especially thinking about my 42 year old brother who died of cancer leaving a widow and three year old boy - cracks me up.

Which I why I play without my chat on - and if anyone says that to me in a live game, they'll catch a coors bottle right across the teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Hobbes, you're really that sensitive? I've had family members die of cancer too, but i find nothing more funny in poker then when some guy loses it and starts ranting and raving about he hopes i get cancer, or how he is gonna come round to my house and rape my mother, then my father then probably my dog or something. I love it, poker gets quite boring at times so let the table entertainers carry on with their crude comments.

Oh and Hobbes, i reckon it would be a piece of p!ss playing you in a live game. Can't imagine it would hard to get you on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] . Take a chill pill man! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'i hope you get cancer' is my personal favorite

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope someone you love dies is a gem I used to use.. I don't want my chat revoked so it's back in storage. Feel free, though.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Hobbes, you're really that sensitive? I've had family members die of cancer too, but i find nothing more funny in poker then when some guy loses it and starts ranting and raving about he hopes i get cancer, or how he is gonna come round to my house and rape my mother, then my father then probably my dog or something. I love it, poker gets quite boring at times so let the table entertainers carry on with their crude comments.

Oh and Hobbes, i reckon it would be a piece of p!ss playing you in a live game. Can't imagine it would hard to get you on tilt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] . Take a chill pill man! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand Hobbes' sentiment here...I've had relatives die of cancer myself, but they were all elderly and it was one of those "their time to go" type of things. Losing someone tragically to something, however, engenders different feelings. I can certainly imagine a comment like that making me angry if I were in Hobbes' shoes.
Closed Thread