Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Flop nut straight, River Nut Flush -- what to do?

Loose 15-30 game, UTG (LAG) open limps, MP2 (very loose PF, plays well PF), CO raises (weak, could raise with anything, usually follows through on PF raise with automatic bet on flop).

Hero calls from SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB (regular, good player) calls
UTG calls
MP2 suddenly 3-bets. (He's been doing this all night to "build a pot", raise signifies nothing)
CO calls 3-bet, Hero, BB, UTG all call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks. Checked all around (ugh).

Turn: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets: BB folds, UTG raises, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero thinks about it, then just calls hoping for some action on the river (Hero and UTG have overs buttons so betting goes up to 30-60).

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks.

UTG puts in an overs bet.

What should Hero do?
Old 10-25-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Flop nut straight, River Nut Flush -- what to do?

welcome to the forum.

i have a feeling this post will either not get replies, or you will be sent to the small stakes area for bad posters.

GL.

Tex

Btw- raise raise raise and cap.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
welcome to the forum.

i have a feeling this post will either not get replies, or you will be sent to the small stakes area for bad posters.

GL.

Tex

Btw- raise raise raise and cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify, small stakes is not for bad posters. its for concepts that are not mid/high. although its much more likely for a 30/60 post to be sent to small stakes (elementary concept) than it is for a 5/10 post to be sent here, some 5/10 hands are tougher than some 30/60 hands seen here.

to the Original Poster:

welcome. this hand is weird the way it played out.

on the flop you should bet. you should do so because that flop is very likely to have hit many people, checkraising the CO may limit the field and you dont want that. you have the best hand and best situation imaginable.

bet reraise and cap the flop.

on the turn, you have to realize that a heart may kill your action, and the board pairing again may kill your hand. so bet/raise/reraise the turn given the way you played the flop.

on the river once you check and villian bets i'd checkraise and either reraise or call depending on how bad UTG is.

Barron
Old 10-25-2005, 04:37 PM

note to the original poster: i gave my original reply so that you could get some honest feedback.

somewhere in the world there is a dictionary, and in it manipulative is synonymous with creative genious<sp>

Tex
Old 10-25-2005, 07:06 PM

Given the players, it was possible for UTG, MP2, or CO to bet out on the flop and a checkraise in this game helps to commit people. In any event, check on the flop was an error which I was trying to make up for.

Given this error, was not reraising UTG on the turn an error? There was a wide range of hands I could put UTG on, including having a boat already.

When the river 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came out, I checked and UTG made a strong, loud bet. I thought, then just called. He turns over J-6o for the boat.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:14 PM

your turn question is important. like i said in my previous post, you should bet/reraise/cap (if no cap id say 4 or 5 bets is a good #) the turn b/c many cards can come that will kill your hand and/or your action.

Barron
Old 10-25-2005, 07:33 PM

Small stakes for bad posters?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Small stakes for bad posters?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. This is even funnier coming from him, as some of the stuff I've seen Tex write has been questionable at best.

People that live in glass houses....

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]