Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2004, 02:07 AM

Default Mirage 20-40: Play This Hand Against Me

I think this Mirage 20-40 hand played shortly after midnight on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning is more interesting from my opponent's perspective so I'll present it that way.

The game was fantastic- one of the best 20-40 games I can remember in quite a while with 6-8 players routinely seeing the flop, usually for one bet.

The Hero of this hand is probably the toughest opponent at the table. He can definitely beat this table and can probably hold his own in a semi-tough 20-40 game. He's obviously read some good poker literature.

The hand:

The first few players uncharacteristically fold to Hero in MP. Hero raises with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A weak, overly-loose player on his immediate left cold-calls. I'm next to act and 3-bet. Everybody else folds back to Hero who calls. Weak player also calls. Three players see the flop for three bets each.

The flop is: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks. Weak player bets. I call. Hero check-raises. Weak player calls. I call. Three players see the turn with 8.25 big bets in the pot.

The turn is: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets. Weak player calls. I raise.

Where do you stand? And, what's your play?