Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Funk-a-fied!

What a funk!

I'm well aware of the fact that MTTs are streaky, high variance, etc. But after a nice 2nd place payday about a week and a half ago, today sets a new high. Or is that low?

In almost 275 MTTs I've had several losing streaks in excess of 10 tourneys, with as many as 15. It happens. Today, I hit 16 straight without a cash.

Normally I'd just take this in stride and keep plugging away. This one has been a little tougher because of the frustration. I've had the usual occasional turn and river beats, but those are no big deal. They happen and I take it in stride.

It's just the level of general card deadedness (is that a word [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I mean dead as in D-E-D dead! How does one build and maintain a stack and survive to the later rounds with 27o MP, 69s UTG, 83o on the Button and so on? It just doesn't happen.

I guess I should look at the bright side. Holiday vacation is coming. And so far every time I've reached the end of a streak, I've gone on a tear, with several cashes in close order usually with some FTs and a W somewhere in the mix.

But DANG! It is frustrating!

Ok, chin up! Venting complete! Positive attitude returning!