Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:48 AM

Default moving up IMPOSSIBLE

i've been trying to move up from .25/.50 to anything higher.. i just can't seem to do it... it's like after the flop everyone folds.. unless ofcourse they have something GOOD.. and i always get drawn out... i think i play just as good.. and just as tight.. i am a BIG winner at the lower games.. can anyone offer me any insight into what i might be doing wrong?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: moving up IMPOSSIBLE

table selection will become more important at the higher limits. Also, you may be running badly, or playing scared of losing more money. Make sure you keep the aggression up. I would recommend you try out party.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 AM

i do seem to keep the agression up.. i just play my standard game .. but when i DO get a hand they just fold.. i can't get any callers.... and my table image SHOLD be fine because i go down with some bad hands sometimes for that... rarely but just to get it up.... still rarely ever any callers.. i played some .5/1.0 today and lost 30 dollars two tabling.. it wasn't pretty .. but when i joined i THOUGHT they were good tables.. all so confusing... anyway i'll take your advice and maybe try out partypoker.. im sure im good enough.. i just dont understand it
Old 04-06-2005, 11:20 AM

I just moved up to 0.5/1 at party, and I have no problem but you have to have patience, first day i went +/- 0 and next day + $170. I play 4 tables and have played about 18 hours, and the last $100 came the last hour!

And as JaxUp say, it's important to keep up with your tight/aggressive style, and not think so much about the money.
like 6 months ago I was playing 1/2 and tried to move up to 2/4 but it just didn't work, I felt the same way you do now... and one of my problem was that I was to "scared".

When you move up in limits you must be prepared to move back down again if it doesn't work out.

I usually have a bankroll of 300 BB (Big Bets) and if I start to loose more than 50 BB I drop down a limit and when I'm up to 300 BB again I move up. (I have never dropped down but I think it works).

I started with $60 at 0.1/0.2 at expekt.com and now im at 0.5/1 at party/multipoker with $470
Old 04-06-2005, 11:26 AM

yea i really notice the variance when i move up and it really freaks me out... i've made all my money ($500) or so dollars off micro limits and bonuses which isnt so bad. funny thing is i can break even in the 6 max 1/2 games but i can't handle .5/1.0 at all.. maybe i always jsut run bad when i move up... :/
Old 04-06-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do seem to keep the agression up.. i just play my standard game ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #1 - Not making adjustments

[ QUOTE ]
but when i DO get a hand they just fold.. i can't get any callers.... and my table image SHOLD be fine because i go down with some bad hands sometimes for that... rarely but just to get it up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #2 - Wasting money on image plays.

[ QUOTE ]
still rarely ever any callers.. i played some .5/1.0 today and lost 30 dollars two tabling.. it wasn't pretty .. but when i joined i THOUGHT they were good tables.. all so confusing... anyway i'll take your advice and maybe try out partypoker.. im sure im good enough.. i just dont understand it

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #3 - Not spending the time to understand why things aren't working.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i do seem to keep the agression up.. i just play my standard game ..

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #1 - Not making adjustments

[ QUOTE ]
but when i DO get a hand they just fold.. i can't get any callers.... and my table image SHOLD be fine because i go down with some bad hands sometimes for that... rarely but just to get it up....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #2 - Wasting money on image plays.

[ QUOTE ]
still rarely ever any callers.. i played some .5/1.0 today and lost 30 dollars two tabling.. it wasn't pretty .. but when i joined i THOUGHT they were good tables.. all so confusing... anyway i'll take your advice and maybe try out partypoker.. im sure im good enough.. i just dont understand it

[/ QUOTE ]

Mistake #3 - Not spending the time to understand why things aren't working.

[/ QUOTE ]

great feedback for the OP. Gold.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:07 PM

good advice.. .. funny thing is i DO make adjustments.. but they dont seem to work... i've been spending TONS of time trying to figure out what im doing wrong and every time i move up i DO make adjustments.... but get shot back down again [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .. i need poker tracker :/
Old 04-06-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i need poker tracker :/

[/ QUOTE ]

You will pay for, it in any currency, in a week.

Listen to the posters....
Old 04-06-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've been trying to move up from .25/.50 to anything higher..

[/ QUOTE ] Jump straight to 15/30. It's juicy I hear [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]