Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: How to play 88?

[ QUOTE ]
What is your thought process on the river? I don't see any worse hands that can call you.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.

Id bet 2/3 of the pot on the flop. If he has AK or AQ I want him to make a mistake.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:47 AM

You expect an ace to call you on the river? Blah. Just call, IMO. If your read is really so rock solid that he has just an ace, that you are willing to call this 3-bet, then fine. But if you're not calling this, then you shouldn't have raised in the first place.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you're not calling this, then you shouldn't have raised in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. What range do you put a semi-tight to tight villain who raises out of the SB and proceeds to show no aggression until the river on a double paired board?

This was what I was thinking as I was debating what to do on the river.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:57 AM

Quads?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My table image was actually a LAG,

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $2,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 12:32 PM

I am not wild about the check on the flop. Why give him the draw? You have top pair and a gutshot. Make him pay for cards.

If he pushes back start thinking about overpair or 2 overs.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $2,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say LAG was my style, but my PT stats at the table after 40 hands were definitely LAG like, hence my image was a LAG. I tend to vary my play based upon table conditions. PT has me auto-rated (excession's 6-max rules) the dreaded ? for my last 40k hands.

What do think about my play post-flop?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls $2,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say LAG was my style, but my PT stats at the table after 40 hands were definitely LAG like, hence my image was a LAG. I tend to vary my play based upon table conditions. PT has me auto-rated (excession's 6-max rules) the dreaded ? for my last 40k hands.

What do think about my play post-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop. The size of your turn raise makes my brain bleed. Raising the river is fine if you're calling the push but against someone who hasn't gotten out of line, I see no value in it.

Also, you misused the term "donk bet" earlier (its usually one word, i.e. "donkbet", too). Explaining stuff on this board is hard enough when people use the uber1337 2+2 terminology correctly; let alone when they don't.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. The size of your turn raise makes my brain bleed. Raising the river is fine if you're calling the push but against someone who hasn't gotten out of line, I see no value in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought villain was perfectly capable of check raising if he had AA or KK. However, a bet there will fold most overs, so it is a valid point. Okay, so my raise was weak, no counter argument there. On the river, (see my response to TWP), I was trying to advertise I have an ace and he should call to split. Interpreting his raise is what I find to be the most interesting part of this hand. If I am ahead on the turn, then I am still ahead on the river, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you misused the term "donk bet" earlier (its usually one word, i.e. "donkbet", too). Explaining stuff on this board is hard enough when people use the uber1337 2+2 terminology correctly; let alone when they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit! Is Uberdonk one word or two? I am thinking of requesting this as my title and want to make sure it is phonetically correct. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]