Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: 2000 nl KK sb vs bb war

Since you have no reads on the player, I'd probably put in a half pot sized bet and see what he does. Granted, I play the $400 games, so maybe the %2000 are more aggressive, but without at least two pair, and probably the flush, he will not raise, and might fold, and again a block on the end.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:12 AM

going allin is bad. I think call and CR turn if you think you are ahead. Or you could call and lead the turn if no club hits
Old 06-04-2005, 02:27 AM

Man this is a really disgusting spot. Great post.

I'd reraise to about $900 on the flop and think about mucking if he were to come over the top all-in. If he just called the flop bet to $900 on the flop, I don't see any way to get away from the hand, as he could have many hands you beat. So if the $900 got called on the flop, the rest would go flying in on any turn. Either that or just fold to the initial raise of $300....

Just calling the flop raise leaves you really prone to getting pushed off the best hand by scare cards and or more aggressive betting.

I either mentally commit to the pot, or let it go. You committed, which is good, but the bet size is too big. Making it $900 straight gives TT-QQ, A9 K9 (or whatever worse hand he may have a chance to call or push over your bet). The all in to 2 grand is only getting called by AA or a set in my opinion.

The fact that this is a blind war considerably opens up the range of hands he could be raising you with on this flop. It's very possible he's just restealing here with an AJo or whatever....

Interesting hand.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:48 AM

Call his raise on the flop. Check raise all in on any non terrible turn card.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man this is a really disgusting spot. Great post.

I'd reraise to about $900 on the flop and think about mucking if he were to come over the top all-in. If he just called the flop bet to $900 on the flop, I don't see any way to get away from the hand, as he could have many hands you beat. So if the $900 got called on the flop, the rest would go flying in on any turn. Either that or just fold to the initial raise of $300....

Just calling the flop raise leaves you really prone to getting pushed off the best hand by scare cards and or more aggressive betting.

I either mentally commit to the pot, or let it go. You committed, which is good, but the bet size is too big. Making it $900 straight gives TT-QQ, A9 K9 (or whatever worse hand he may have a chance to call or push over your bet). The all in to 2 grand is only getting called by AA or a set in my opinion.

The fact that this is a blind war considerably opens up the range of hands he could be raising you with on this flop. It's very possible he's just restealing here with an AJo or whatever....

Interesting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:05 PM

Default RESULTS

he called with A9 lol. Must've put me on the flush draw.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

SO he turned out to be an idiot. Without a read, this is not a good play.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
SO he turned out to be an idiot. Without a read, this is not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does A9 really fire again on turn though? My guess is, only if he improves.