Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: NFL top 5 DL\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Patriots fan, I think Richard Seymour is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Patriots fan myself--I think you should reconsider. How good do you have to be to make a Pro Bowl playing for New England? Pretty darn good. Seeing that Bruschi has only made 1 pro bowl, and that Seymour has made 2, are you going to say next that Bruschi is overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pro bowl is overrated, mostly a popularity contest. No, I actually think Brushci is underrated.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:38 PM

Throwing some names out there:

Jason Taylor.
Patrick Kerney.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:25 PM

This was true early in the game. It was not by the end. He did cause a turnover that lead to a Colts TD.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a Patriots fan, I think Richard Seymour is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Patriots fan myself--I think you should reconsider. How good do you have to be to make a Pro Bowl playing for New England? Pretty darn good. Seeing that Bruschi has only made 1 pro bowl, and that Seymour has made 2, are you going to say next that Bruschi is overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pro bowl is overrated, mostly a popularity contest. No, I actually think Brushci is underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Bruschi does not make pro bowls because he is not a pro bowl caliber line backer. Try putting Bruschi on the AFC pro bowl team over, Zach Thomas, Vilma, Ray Lewis, Farrior, Mike Peterson, and Al Wilson. Thats tough company to beat.

As well I find it very difficult to say anyone on the Pats is underrated, as most Pats are very overratted.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As well I find it very difficult to say anyone on the Pats is underrated, as most Pats are very overratted.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid thing to say. You don't hear about the great individual talents of most Patriots. You hear about the team effort. And this is why they have 3 rings and every other team in the past year has 1 combined.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:28 PM

no way that peppers should be #1 on this list for his play. Talent, sure. Current play, no.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[As well I find it very difficult to say anyone on the Pats is underrated, as most Pats are very overratted.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, what the hell was I thinking, they all suck.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:47 PM

I would definetly have Marcus Stroud from Jacksonville up there. He is currently the best DT in the league and John Henderson isn't too far behind.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 PM

I would definately put him (Kevin Williams) on the list of top-5 D-linemen and I'd put Pat Williams on the list if I were picking top-5 DTs... The Viking's run defense is bad because their Linebackers are inept and their safeties are poor in run defense. Their DEs aren't very good either...
Old 10-19-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would think Strahan is just on their based on principle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. The guy gets no media hype, but he just keeps getting sacks....i believe he has 5.5 sacks already this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong Strahan was number 1 or 2 for a long time I just think that without a doubt there are 5 better DL then him now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not go as far as saying "with out a doubt", Strahan is still a very dominating player even though he was out most of last year due to injury. This year he has 5.5 sacks and 23 tackles in 6 games, he would have even more tackles but many teams focus there rushing game to Strahan's opposite side.