Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: $50 NL - vs $25 NL

[ QUOTE ]
Yo, can we just all agree that when we say bankroll requirements, we mean "bankroll" to mean "money that if you lose you must stop playing poker for ever or at least a long time". If you can just rebuy from your bank account then that is NOT your bankroll. If you can just wait for next week's paycheck and rebuy, that is NOT your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can happily live with that definition - and I do plan on being a "poker pro" - or at the least developing my game to the point where I can play on $1000 NL tables for about a 1000 hands a week and make myself a tidy second income.
If I'm being optomistic I want to make it that far in about a year from now...

I am sticking to my $50 NL tables for now - I'd guess my total BR is around $1000 - I just feel more comfortable playing at $50 than at $25.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:12 PM

If by 'bankroll' you really mean my definition of bankroll, then you should be careful with 1K at the 50s but it should be fine if you are a winning player. FWIW, I played NL25 less than a year ago and now get sucked out on at the NL1K tables with regularity. A super hot run at 2/4 is quite helpful and I recommend one for you as well.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yo, can we just all agree that when we say bankroll requirements, we mean "bankroll" to mean "money that if you lose you must stop playing poker for ever or at least a long time". If you can just rebuy from your bank account then that is NOT your bankroll. If you can just wait for next week's paycheck and rebuy, that is NOT your bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can happily live with that definition - and I do plan on being a "poker pro" - or at the least developing my game to the point where I can play on $1000 NL tables for about a 1000 hands a week and make myself a tidy second income.
If I'm being optomistic I want to make it that far in about a year from now...

I am sticking to my $50 NL tables for now - I'd guess my total BR is around $1000 - I just feel more comfortable playing at $50 than at $25.

[/ QUOTE ]

TWP: Exactly my point.

Matrix: If your bankroll is $1000 I cannot see any problem as all for you playing NL50 if you stay out of mega tilt and play a TAG game.