Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Pokerroom Tourney Director is a Liar

WAIT GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on twoplus two the tourbney director from pokerroom shows up to say

There was a glitch in the blinds structure for the Omaha tourney, the blinds weren't supposed to go back to 10-20 at day two. This was unfortunate and I can understand that it was an annoyance for some of the players. The tournament stopped after roughly 5 hours the first day, which was actually correct. The rule was to break after 6 Hours 30 Minutes of play OR if only 20% of the players remain, whichever comes first. Our mistake was to not communicate the second part of the break rule more clearly.

We do however feel that this thing has been somewhat blown out of proportion. Please consider the following things about this issue:

1. The low blind structure affected all players, and didn't give an unfair advantage to any specific player.

2. The Omaha tournament had no "juice" (house fee) whatsoever, and the glitch was not intential and certainly not something we profited from.

3. We have given all players in the tournament a tourney ticket worth $108, regardless whether they placed in the money or not. They also got an explanatory e-mail at the same time. In addition to this, we will of course locate and fix the glitch so that it won't happen again in the future. To sum it up; We are sorry about this inconvenience and have taken measures to both make it up to the players as well as preventing the same thing from happening again.

Henrik, PokerRoom.com Tournament Director

Now I have an email from pokerroom support from Robert Stating the following

The blind levels during the tournaments are raised to make sure that the tournament does in fact end as some of the players chip stacks are increasing. I can also see that the blind levels did actually reset on the second day of the Omaha Grand Tournament back to $10 and $20.
The description in the tournament information states the blind levels will increase every 30 minutes which they did, there are no details about the opening blinds on day 2. The blind levels were reset as there were less players in the final day of the tournament and a continuation of blind increases from the previous day could have meant a very quick end and a huge anticlimax to a big money tournament.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Robert

And from nother support guy scott

Regarding your query on the Grand Omaha tournament; I have escalated this query to my supervisor for further investigation, but will however state that the blind structure was planned to be the same for both days, so no player would have played a different strategy on day one with the intention of taking advantage of lower blinds on day two. Your query has been forwarded and you will be contacted accordingly with a resolution as soon as possible.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Scott

P.S. I just want a safe and honest place to play how can anyone say different
Old 05-18-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom Tourney Director is a Liar

Quit spamming our site with this crap. We've all seen the original thread, and seen how the situation was handled. You will get no support here. Move along.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quit spamming our site with this crap. We've all seen the original thread, and seen how the situation was handled. You will get no support here. Move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear that you shouldn't be playing $500 Omaha tourneys if $500 means this much to you. You busted out on the first day. What does the blind structure on the second day have to do with you?

They gave you a $108 tourney ticket. What more do you want? Nobody here cares. STFU already. Quit trying to turn this into an international incident. The National Guard is not going to come to your defense and the UN is not going to intervene.

Nice thread title, though. As soon as I saw the "tardo, the poker watchdog" screenname next to it, I spit pop all over the floor, rofl.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:12 PM

god judge, do you complain about EVERYTHING at pokerroom? when i used to be there religiously, i'd see your name in pokah! complaining about anything and everything that you could. play somewhere else then.

pokerroom has given out EXTRA money in a tourney that they got no juice on - stop complaining.

as an aside, weren't you one of the individuals in the one-eyed-jacks that were softplaying and colluding with each other?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:52 PM

ya your annoying.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:53 PM

No need to start a new thread for this.