Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 06:23 PM

Default AK, standard play or am I victim of FPS?

I'm unsure of my play on all the streets, especially the turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Should I have capped this flop?

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

I check/called since all I have is overcards, is this standard? I worry that check/calling the flop screams "overcards" and that an observant opponent will see this and play optimally against my obvious drawing hand postflop.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

I check, planning on check-raising the CO. Should I just bet out instead? Unexpectedly, the button initiates the betting this time. I'm fairly certain I've got the best hand and want the CO to overcall. Since he checked when the A fell, I'm certain he would fold to 2 big bets, but might call 1 big bet, thinking I'm checking/calling w/a "low" pair like TT. Sound thinking or FPS?

River: (9.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Here I was just afraid that the button wouldn't bet again, so I made a value bet.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB
Old 02-09-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: AK, standard play or am I victim of FPS?

Flop - I think the Check/Call is appropriate with the coordinated board.

Turn - Given that you checked here and the Button bet, I'd check/raise and make the CO call two cold. Otherwise I would be the turn.

Flop - Nice
Old 02-09-2005, 06:43 PM

Capping or not capping pf is such a useless debate.

Do you see why?

I bet the turn.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:55 PM

Without reads, I think there are too many ways you're drawing to 3 outs or less after the flop. I check/fold after CO bets and button calls. I think a decent alternative is leading the flop, hoping to get HU with CO, although that might be FPS [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]