Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KQs top pair+flush draw

Whats your play when he pushes a non-diamond A, J, or T river..

What are villains likely to do on a diamond river when you bet?

Raising villain folds, calling villain calls with worse pushes with more unless you push.

lets assume the calling villains flush range is neutral EV on the river. your not getting any $ with a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] river, you are perhaps getting the rest of raising villains $ on a blank river, ok.

This question all comes down to what % of the time they call on the turn when you push, a 65/38 must be calling off his stack a good amount and the 35/19 depends on how sneaky he thinks your being, hows your image?

The river blanks more times than a non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A,J or T fall and we can't even be 100% sure how bad these cards are for you, I'm not even going to try and guess what % of the time you have to be called on the turn by weaker hands to make the push a superior play.

Its a hard question to answer, very situation dependent, we want them to make a mistake and defend our hand, whether the best way is re-evaluating on a river, I'm not sure..

Interesting hand.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 PM

i kind of like a raise on the flop. say $100...calling is fine too..

on the turn, i'd probably check behind. your two pair is way ahead of the hands that you're beating and slightly behind a flopped set or a JT straight. i think a free card here benfits you more than your opponents, and may induce bets from hands that you're beating (AA, AK, lower two pair, etc) even if you don't improve on the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:27 PM

Looks good to me.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

on the turn, i'd probably check behind. your two pair is way ahead of the hands that you're beating and slightly behind a flopped set or a JT straight. i think a free card here benfits you more than your opponents, and may induce bets from hands that you're beating (AA, AK, lower two pair, etc) even if you don't improve on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what calls your raise on the flop that you are ahead of. IMO you aren't really trying to bet out draws here.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what calls your raise on the flop that you are ahead of. IMO you aren't really trying to bet out draws here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we're called on the flop and we're behind, then we have outs and will likely get to check through on the turn.

it's a good sized pot...well worth taking a shot to end it on the flop.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I hate this line. We have position and a fine hand, and we dont mind multi-way action. Why raise?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now when I have an even BIGGER hand,you want me to check? I dont like your line much. Firstly, right now, nothing has indicated that I do not have the best hand, so why check? Might as well try to get money in the pot.

I dont like either option.