Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 09:37 AM

Default PT auto-rate rules for 6 max?

probably been posted before but the search is horrible. starting up ring again SH but only have rules for full ring. thanks.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: PT auto-rate rules for 6 max?

[ QUOTE ]
probably been posted before but the search is horrible. starting up ring again SH but only have rules for full ring. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really like autorating players, because there are so many different types of players. I think it would be better if you started to get a feel for the types of stats your opponents had, and what those numbers may mean.

I always try to get loose players to my right. 40+ is definetly too loose, but the higher the number, the better. Usually I can find at least a 50+ or even higher. This is at 5/10, so at lower limits it should be even easier. If they are in the 30s, they are probably too loose, but you have to watch out if they have high agression (2-3, or maybe higher), because it may be hard to adjust to them if you arn't used to it. In general, I don't care if they are agressive or passive, because you can adjust to either style. For a 50 VPIP, I would say 1.6+ would be agressive, and under 1 would be passive, and anywhere inbetween I am not sure.

Also, I usually want the tight guys to my left. Tight for me means under 25 VPIP, the lower the better. Usually there are at least some guys at 20, but you can find them at 17 or lower sometimes too. I would rather have them be passive, so that they won't play back to me with position too often.

I still don't exactly know what agression levels match up with VPIPs, or exactly what the numbers mean, but I think it is better to try to figure this out, rather than autorating your opponents.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:31 AM

yeah, one thing that confuses me is how overall agression can be low, but pfr and vpip can be high.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, one thing that confuses me is how overall agression can be low, but pfr and vpip can be high.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty simple. If a player has a vpip that is very high he will find himself with so many crap holdings after the flop that he will be doing much more calling than betting and raising. If he has a VPIP over 50 and an AF over 1.5 it means he is still betting and rasing a ton when it is impossible to have consistently strong hands. i.e. he is seriously splashing chips. I have explained this better before but I am too tired to find the post.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:45 AM

hey thanks [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]