Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 12:07 PM

Default College fb this week

Only made two bets last week, on PSU and UNC and the late cover on PSU was nice, ended up winning 5 units total. Have no idea how UNC was getting 20 pts at Miami, they were even up 9 at one point. Kyle Wright looked just godawful.

Wisky +11 at PSU. This line is up to 11 from 9 already earlier this week. PSU is good, at home, but missing their stud WR, and now PSU as a top 10 team is reverting to 'perenially overbet' status. Wouldn't be suprised to see this line keep climbing. 2 units on Badgers and hope it goes up.

Miami at VaTech -4.5. I jumped all over the Hokies in this game as soon as it was posted, because Miami is totally one-dimensional and can't throw on anyone real. Good thing because it keeps moving up as well, I've seen as high as 6.5 already. VT's Defense will be too much for Wright and Moss can't have 194 yds and 4TDs every week. Anywhere at 6 and below I think this has value. Also, betting public will probably rush in and take Miami and the points since they are ranked 5th.
4 units on VaTech @-4.5, and if line comes back down will increase. Blacksburg gonna be a real learning experience for Kyle Wright this week.

YTD CFB: 27-16 games, 53.1-35.8 units.

Naj
Old 11-02-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: College fb this week

Pardon me, I suck at picking college games:
Don't have a strong opinion on those games, but I kinda like a few Big East dogs...
Uconn +15 @ WVU
Pitt +21 @ Louisville
Meh?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 PM

i really like wisconsin this week, it is my highest rated play that i see thus far...will prolly post some more later today
Old 11-02-2005, 01:49 PM

I completely agree with your VT pick, unfortunately its all the way up to 6.5 now...

I also like Minnesota -13 vs Indiana... BIG
ND -8 vs UT ... tennesee is garbage, and their season is falling apart, if I take this one Ill probably sell points all the way to ND -9.5
SoCar +4 @ Ark ... spurrier wont let them blow this game after a big upset vs tennessee since they are almost bowl eligible and that was their goal since the beginning of the season.

Anyone else like any of these?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with your VT pick, unfortunately its all the way up to 6.5 now...

I also like Minnesota -13 vs Indiana... BIG
ND -8 vs UT ... tennesee is garbage, and their season is falling apart, if I take this one Ill probably sell points all the way to ND -9.5
SoCar +4 @ Ark ... spurrier wont let them blow this game after a big upset vs tennessee since they are almost bowl eligible and that was their goal since the beginning of the season.

Anyone else like any of these?

[/ QUOTE ]

SoCar looks interesting as well. New Ark QB is hard to handicap though.

VaTech won by 6 at Miami last year with a worse team against a better UM team.[obviously teams are totally different today, just saying.] 6.5 maybe possible, I'd buy it down to 6 though, in case you get like a 27-14 game and Miami hits a deep bomb in the last few minutes, which might be their only chance to keep it reasonably close. 6.5 just makes me nervous.

Naj
Old 11-27-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wisky...VaTech...
YTD CFB: 27-16 games, 53.1-35.8 units.

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost both of these, making CFB 27-20 and 53.1-42.1 on the year so far.

Naj