Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 08:37 AM

Default I just don\'t get it...

I have played 5000+ hands of $.50/$1 and $1/$2 5 or 6 table max and done very well, specifically to the tune of 4.33 BB/100. Every time I get to a level I have previously set, I take $200 and sit a $2/$4 game and just get crushed. 4 times in a row now I've lost 25BB before stopping and going back to the lower limits.

I seem to get great cards and play against crappy opponents in the small limits. When I move to $2/$4 I swear it seems that the deck goes completely cold, I can't get a hand, and when I do it gets cracked. The players are better, but not all that much better. Table is about 33% preflop, which is average I guess.

Is there some kind of adjustment I can make so I can be successful at the $2/$4? I am extremely aggressive at the lower limits, and I bring that to the $2/$4 table as well, jamming when I have the best of it. I feel I play the same game, but get killed. Any suggestions?

I can't think or post any particular hand because it's just one after another. I do look back at hands and think I could have done something better, but I don't see any glaring problems with any of them.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: I just don\'t get it...

Online poker is rigged.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to die in a fire. I wasn't claiming anything was rigged you jackass. I simply asked for suggestions on how to move to the $2/$4. Are you a dickhead in the morning only or is this an all day thing for you?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 AM

Your question is too general and mildly retarded. My answer is warranted. Try the search function. Try not being an a[/i]sshole right off the t[/i]its. You might make a few friends if you try real hard.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your question is too general and mildly retarded. My answer is warranted. Try the search function. Try not being an a[/i]sshole right off the t[/i]its. You might make a few friends if you try real hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you need help using the search function, go here. Thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answer is not warranted. You continuing to post in this thread is not warranted. I'm not really worried about making friends with people like yourself, but thanks anyway.

Simple question in the original post. A highly aggressive strategy works at the low limits, but for some reason doesn't carry over to the $2/$4. Players are better so they aren't paying off with crap like the low limit. How does that affect your strategy?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:49 AM

I had a friend once but he moved.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:49 AM

Have you read any of the books published by the company that runs this site? How about the one on small stakes hold 'em? jason has a helpful link for you above. Use it.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answer is not warranted. You continuing to post in this thread is not warranted. I'm not really worried about making friends with people like yourself, but thanks anyway.

Simple question in the original post. A highly aggressive strategy works at the low limits, but for some reason doesn't carry over to the $2/$4. Players are better so they aren't paying off with crap like the low limit. How does that affect your strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

A-Baum = A-Hole.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:51 AM

I would be your friend if you still weren't so steamed about all the brutal suckouts I layed on you at 2/4. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]